? 7/5/2023 Missy: AMPS 84 Resume dose increasing or stay @ 4.75u?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA), Jul 5, 2023.

1. MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA)

MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA) Member

YESTERDAY: AMPS 108 / 91@ +6 / PMPS 112 / 86@ +6
    Previous post: ? - 5/2/2023 MISSY: AMPS 101 When to stop increasing the dose with TR? | Feline Diabetes Message Board - FDMB

Has been awhile since I last post: Missy's BGs still mostly flat but through the last couple of weeks they slightly elevated, despite dose increases.
    Q.: Are her actual BGs considered somehow "regulated"? Could this be her lowest numbers?
    We're at 4.75u for awhile now as I wanted to give some time and see what happens without ending up with high insulin dosage; only thing that has change is that she's still taking the Azithromycin antibiotic (1/4 tablet down to 3 times @ week right now) and her sneezing with some bloody nasal discharge has subside but it has been causing some diarrhea episodes at times. I've also been adding a pinch of Spirulin to her meals (supposedly good for URI and diabetes as well).
    Missy is also experiencing more hairballs lately.
    Q.: I opted for the tablet version of Azithromycin antibiotic as I've learned that the liquid contain sugars; can it still raise glucose numbersand interfear with insulin?
    Have an appointment with IM this Friday 7 July for a check up: any particular questions I should ask the doctor? Again, I know I might be osessed with Acromegaly from my GA Micio but, should I ask the doctor to run a Acromegaly test on Missy? The snoring and the noises she makes while breathing and eating gotten more loud and I still convinced there's something wrong or growing somewhere in her sinus/head...
    @Suzanne & Darcy, @tiffmaxee, @Bron and Sheba (GA) any thoughts?

Will appreciate anyone's help, thank you!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2023