7/4 Luci AMPS 248,2+193, 4.5+85,5+77,6+105,7+114, 9+127,PMPS 251,2+201,4+192,9+409

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Anyone use this or have info about their products: https://www.drelseys.com/clean-protein/

7/3 Condo - Excitement Last Night!

Luci decided that she'd had enough of those yellow and blues and decided to go diving last night.:nailbiting: DH was on duty and caught her at 3.5+ doing some of her funny business:eek::eek:. She was really heading for the lagoon in a hurry with the 2+ by dropping over 100 points:eek: - I've gently suggested that the next time she drops over 100 points he may want to go ahead with a little HC:kiss: hopefully to get her to slow down on her descent to the lagoon - that darn girl loves to go diving with the sharks!:eek:

He was worn out with her by 7+ and wanted to get some sleep and notified me. :rolleyes: I set my alarm to get up and check her in two hours to make sure she was still out of the lagoon -and she was but not by much - gave her a little LC/MC and went back to bed.

She's looking good this morning... a little high start...one of these days we won't be seeing these highs/lows hopefully...would love to see her level out with blue starts and greens during the day/night curve...:D

Happy July 4th everyone! Enjoy your day and keep those kitties safe :)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

She really just can't do anything halfway, can she?! She doesn't just jump in she hurls herself in. You know sweet Luci you don't have to be such an overachiever! Stay safe today pretty girl! :bighug: Happy 4th of July Sue!

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's great to see Luci doing so well.

Happy Independence Day!

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

She went belly whopping didn't she (remember belly whops). Hope today is better coasting.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Wow, Luci really wanted some company last night! That is so wonderful that your DH helps out so much!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Lucy really had a low hypo on 7/2. I hope she is doing better.

We have a dachsund mix dawg named Lucy.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  7. Sue and Luci

Yes, she caught me by surprise that morning! Had no clue that was coming! I caught her at 42...waited 15 minutes - tested on two meters to be sure...and she was going down...no shot that morning...even though I would have been here with her all day - I work from home - it just wasn't something I wanted to try to negotiate...her number was so low...maybe if I'd gotten up at 3 a.m. or 4 a.m. to catch her going down...I'd have had time to get her up before her shot time...but it was probably time for a reducie anyway..she'd been visiting he lagoon the previous week more than I'd ever seen her do that before! It was an exciting week!!!

JeffJ likes this.
  8. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sure the 2u depot was still talking last night. :rolleyes: I'm glad your DH kept testing.

Luci, no monkey business for a bit, eh?

9. Sue and Luci

Did you see that drop at 4.5+ Over 100 points again!!! :eek::eek::eek: We were going to go out shopping for a bit - me: put down purse, take off shoes :banghead:...fed her some HC - she's dropping too fast o_O - testing again in 20 minutes to see if I've caught her in time. Why, oh why is she doing these big drops? o_O Heading for another reduction????

Looks like I caught her just in time - this is starting to sound familiar...DH caught her just in time last night...is this girl looking for another reducie? @Mandy & Rex, @Wendy&Neko - I know we're supposed to wait for a few more cycles...but I'm walking on ice here...moral to this story is not to let her go more than 2 hours without testing...

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  10. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Sounds like she is looking for a reduction. But still can't they do it without the drama !!!!!!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  11. Sue and Luci

I feel like she stands back from the lagoon and then takes a RUN at it:p:p - full out - yelling 'C A N N O N B A L L'!!!!:p:p:p Hoping I don't notice:eek:...because she and I are sitting right here together...she's snoozing and I'm thinking...well, I'm going to go do a bit of shopping with DH:D...she apparently decided today wasn't the day I was going to go do anything:banghead: ... stay here and test me mama...;) I just don't get it with all the dramatics...except she needs a reduction...I think it's too soon and have posted to a couple of the experts for advice...maybe I just need to put on my patience pants, huh? Stay home and test, test, test...keep this silly girl from playing with those nasty shark friends of hers!:stop:

Happy 4th to you and Loudogg too :) Hope you have a relaxing day :) Luci has at least come back up on the beach now...I need a nap!

Amanda and a Loudogg likes this.
  12. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Wow, lots of excitement this girl gives you!! Looks like she isn't going to dive today rather just tease you. I think you are good to go shopping now if you need too. I hope she will flatten out for you. She really likes to dive from higher numbers, silly girl.

13. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Luci, I said no monkey business! :facepalm:

You did good keeping her above 50. The goal right now is to keep her at 1.75u until we know 2u depot is not sticking around. Perhaps you need to boost her a little higher before onset. I used to have to give MC or HC mixed in with Rex's meals when I did t/f/s.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  14. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Sue --

I realize I haven't been keeping up with Luci's SS but you do know that with TR, you should have reduced her dose after that 28/35 reading? Even with a cat that's been diabetic for more than a year, numbers under 40 require a dose reduction of 0.25u. Not reducing the dose after that drop in numbers is why you're seeing numbers that keep dropping into the 40s. Please reduce Luci's dose at PMPS.

15. Bobbie And Bubba

Looks like she did reduce. She skipped that morning where she got the 28/35 then she reduced that PM to 1.75 from 2 .

BTW, Sue, it's 3 drops under 50 for kitties who don't hold reductions well or long term diabetics. But, as Sienne said under 40 is a reduction by .25 whether they or long term or not.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  16. Sue and Luci

Yes, we did reduce on that PMPS to 1.75. Not sure where you're looking but her SS on 7/2 looks like this:
    07/02/2018 42 NS 7:17 28/35 @+15 min
    57/53@+30 min
    Two Meters 86 105 275 PMPS =313 I shot = 1.75 at 2+221 227 .........etc etc.

17. Sue and Luci

Yes, agree! I also have that noted in my signature: 50 x 3 or 40 x 1 = decrease by .25...
    I'm feeling a little confused this afternoon by the comments...:confused:

18. Bobbie And Bubba

You're good! That's what is great about a peer review board. One person catches something that another misses.

ETA : The only thing that needed changing and you did change was the 3 times under 50 not 40 and 1 X under 40. All is good.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  19. Sue and Luci

We're a good tag team - I test/shoot all day - he's better at night - he used to work the afternoon shift at Ford - so he's just more of a night person - and I've always been a 'day' person. I can get up at 5 a.m. but don't ask me for much after 8 p.m. - my brain is fried and now that I'm older...so is my body :( Luci is our little love-bug though...she knows how to butter up her dad :)

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  20. Sue and Luci

I appreciate all the support provided here on this forum...sometimes it's a bit confusing and I'm trying hard to do the right thing...we're going to get there...I just know it! Many hugs to all here! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Bobbie And Bubba and JeffJ like this.
  21. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.