7/28 Walter AMPS 299 PMPS 359

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Zelda & Walter, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Zelda & Walter

Zelda & Walter Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Walter came back up last night. I hope he surfs on the new dose.

Zelda & Walter likes this.
  3. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Good luck with Walter's reduction!! Have a great day Zelda!! :)

Zelda & Walter likes this.
  4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Good catch last night...just something to think about for next time he shows you a green number at night, set the alarm to get another test in an hour - yes, I know...ugh...no one wants to be up/down all night with these kitties...but Mr. Walter has other ideas about you getting any sleep...

Have a great day Zelda!

5. Zelda & Walter

He certainly does! I’m worried that the .75 might be too low but we’ll see.

6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

It may well be too low...however since he went too low last night, it's impossible to ignore that warning. Whenever kitties drop below the recommended 'lowest number' (based on your meter, it's 50 on human meters, 68 on A2T)...so you need to 'take action' and figure out how to keep him from going any lower.

The trick I learned was to keep a close eye on Luci and whenever she dropped 100 points or more - that was my clue to bring out a little medium carb and feed her - I'd often mix some low carb + a dab of medium carb to keep her from dropping any further, any faster. Also, and this one was important -anytime she was under 150 at shot time, it was a sure-fire bet in most cases she was on her way down - so I had to test more and feed accordingly.

Yes, it's a bit of a tightrope walk and sometimes I'd blow it by trying to anticipate what she was going to do...but it's better that she spent a day too high than an hour too low. I didn't want to be up half the night fighting with a hypo situation - so I moved my shot time up to 6 a.m. / 6 p.m. which gives us around here about 3 hours to see what Miss Luci has in store for us every night.

It's a test for sure to try to figure it out...but those are my recommendations: Test often and feed accordingly...try to fend off those lower numbers - yes, we want him to go into the greens, but with this guy he's an all or nothing kind of fellow...if he's green, see if you can get him back up above 100...since on the A2T you don't have much room to spare between 100 and 68...another reason why I went with the human meter...for me it's less stressful to deal with 100 to 50 - with a 50 point range to play with...sometimes we make it...sometimes we don't...but most times Luci stays away from the sharks...but she loves to tease them...

Have a good evening Zelda!

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  7. Zelda & Walter

Thank you—just catching up. This is very helpful advice!

Sue and Luci likes this.