7/25 FCC AMPS 95, +3 76

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Acadaca, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

If I understand correctly his old dose would still be affecting his numbers and it will take several cycles to see if he can hold this new dose. I know he didn't earn it, but there was absolutely no way he was going to let me test him last night. Today I will feed him on the hour until +3? I know he needs more information in his chart, but I have to keep the tests to a minimum knowing that at some point he may need multiple tests and I will have to find a way to make him compliant.

Thank you as always and I hope everyone is enjoying their day/evening.

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/7-24-fcc-amps-97-3-58-4-25-59-6-79.250319/

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Yes. His old dose would affect today's cycles. He held the last unearned reduction and a prett large one. Hopefully he will hold this one too!
    Safety first :)

tiffmaxee and Acadaca like this.
  3. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

Yes, I will pick safety every time. We'll see what happens over the next couple of days. Since it is always the shots at night that he absolutely refuses there must be some culmative effect. Poor FCC.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

I imagine that he didn't drop as sharply as he did yesterday because he ate a bit of LC food at both +1 and +2 (I fed him a bit more at +3). So today he went from a AMPS of 95 and a +3 of 76.
    Yesterday it went from 97 to 58. When should I test him next considering I am still trying to minimize testing while doing my best to follow TR? Also, at which point can I stop getting him to eat food on the hour? I can put food down and he will graze at it throughout the day.

Thank you.

5. Bandit's Mom

It seems to me that his biggest drop is at onset and then he flattens out. If you can minimize that by feeding at PS, +1 and +2, I think you can go easy on him on testing for the rest of the cycle unless you see a drop to the lower end of normal greens at +2.

Since he will tolerate only so many tests a day, I would suggest you save them for PS and +2 for both cycles.

After +2, you can put food down and let him graze.

Acadaca likes this.
  6. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

Thank you. That's super helpful information. I know I eventually need to be getting some of those other numbers, but I'm also hoping he settles back down with the testing.

I am going to leave him be until tonight's PS and I am so determined to get that +2.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  7. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

Thought I would try a random test when there was no time pressure and I wasn't thinking about it beforehand. It didn't work. I got the same growl and escape. I will definitely leave him alone until PMPS, but I am just trying to identify any factor that might be playing into these new difficulties.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  8. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

Still won't let me get him. Settles briefly and then takes off. Not sure if I should just shoot and then try testing again in an hour or so and just feed on the hour?

9. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

I am really stumped and unhappy about how big of a problem this has become. Not unhappy with him, just the situation.

10. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

He is getting his food. There is no way he will settle without eating at this point. I imagine shoot the 0.75, feed on the hour and try the test at +1 and if that fails +2?

11. Bandit's Mom

Yes, shoot, feed LC at +1 and try for a +2

Acadaca likes this.
  12. Bandit's Mom

Don't worry about it. Just try for the +2 now. :)

Acadaca likes this.
  13. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

Thank you. I was thinking of trying to just go through the testing routine with him several times in the day without actually doing the test to see if it will settle him down at all. Just sitting him down, warming his ear, holding it and making the noises. I am worried it will backfire and he will refuse to come anywhere near me.

14. Bandit's Mom

Just leave him be for now. He's probably feeling too good to put up with anything. The King of the world! Will not tolerate his staff poking and prodding him! ;)

Acadaca likes this.
  15. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

Haha. I can see that. He just got a massive case of the zoomies and went running around. I swear he gave me a dirty look when passed me by.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  16. Bandit's Mom

HAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm trying to imagine that!

Acadaca likes this.
  17. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

No +2 yet. I am starting to wonder if moving from the pen to just the lancet has hurt his ears and he is secretly traumatized. He did stop letting me test him before the switch was made so who knows. I am going to get him to sit down again in a couple of minutes and see if he'll stay. I got his ear warm and when I turned to get the other stuff he whisked off in a cloud of disgruntled dust.

18. Bandit's Mom

Don't worry about it. Just feed him and try at AMPS. Is your partner not able to help in the PM?

Acadaca likes this.
  19. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

I tried again and I think it's probably better to call it a night. FCC became non-compliant with the assistance of my partner after the first day and a half when he figured out we were just tricking him by both being there and the same thing was happening. I was thinking that it might be easier for him if it was just me because it might make him feel calmer. Apparently it doesn't matter.

I am going to feed him now and just really hope he accepts it again tomorrow. He does this weird growling thing that I don't like. It's not aggressive it's just deeply unhappy.

20. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

Thank you as always, I really appreciate it.

Bandit's Mom likes this.