7/24 FCC AMPS 97, +3 58,+4.25 59, +6 79

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Acadaca, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

I hope everyone is having a healthy and happy day.

FCC's AMPS is still green. Which is great. He was pretty good with his morning test. I'm not sure when the best times to test him today are. I still want to do as few as possible, but enough that I can keep some semblance of TR. I'm relieved he hasn't had too much of a plummet in the last couple of days. There's nothing more beautiful than a steady line of green.

Civvie threw up. Mostly water and some hair. It was quite voluminous and I'm wondering if I should be concerned. Time to poke around the internet.

Thanks!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

How about LC feeding every hour and getting a +3?

Ain't that the truth! :D

Long gap between food?

Acadaca likes this.
  3. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

That's what I will do then, thank you.

No, just two hours. She does tend to throw up, but this was different. I will admit there were a couple of pieces of dry food I sneakily gave her, but she gets three of four at a time maybe twice a day. I am going to try not to worry about it unless it happens again it she shows any other signs of discomfort or illness.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

Makes sense.
    They usually throw up when you change bed linen. Something about new linen is so puke-worthy!

Acadaca likes this.
  5. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

Cats are an adventure.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Your civvie likely just had invested too much hair. As long as it’s only once in awhile don’t worry. My two young ones do it occasionally and I worry too. :bighug:

Acadaca and Bandit's Mom like this.
  7. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

Thanks. She's older so I think I start to catastroohize in my head. Hopefully she's all good now. She ate so I think that's an excellent sign.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  8. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

I couldn't get him to eat at +2, even with chicken flakes. I wonder if this is why he dropped? Do I need to feed MC?

9. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

Also, should I be worried? I gave him some LC, but then gave him some more with some MC mixed in. I don't know if that was the right thing to do.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    Reason for edit: Updated
  10. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

Gave him another spoonful of the hybrid. Not sure when I need to test next. I know I shouldn't wait too long. Also, I am supposed to go to visit my parents at +6. Should I cancel?

11. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

He went from 59 @+4.25 to 79 @+6. I fed him a spoonful of MC food at +5 and looking at it now think it probably should have been LC. Numbers in the 50s still make me really nervous. I am going to go to my dinner and either test upon my return or preferably wait til PMPS. My partner will be here and try and get him to eat a little LC food.

I am not really sure how to figure out when to feed him LC vs MC vs HC.

I can tell I need more data, but he is still very test reluctant and even with two of us doing it, it takes several attempts. Hopefully tonight PMPS goes well and I can get a +2.

12. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

WOW! Those are impressive numbers for a newbie!

I recall the early days - we had a very difficult time getting Luci to cooperate for testing - it was a battle of wills - obviously we all know who the winner was and now she settles nicely on her testing towel, getting pets and kind words - try to breathe and sing a little song to Acadaca. They can sense your fear/nerves...so try to relax as much as possible...talk softly to him and tell him this is a lifesaving test...those numbers are very indicative of an active cycle and the beginning of wonderful things - as in it's early and your chance of remission is very high at this point!

LC will help hold them steady in the numbers, MC or HC is for when the numbers are dropping too fast for your comfort - OR you're trying to hold him in those numbers - sometimes we call it 'food propping'. Some kitties, even though they're getting MC or HC will still push down - and earn a reduction - so you have to be diligent right now and get as many tests as you comfortably can.

Acadaca likes this.
  13. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

I'm quite hopeful about his recovery and don't want to curse myself by thinking too much about remission. He is doing so well though. At some point a switch just flipped and he started owning the spreadsheet.

Thank you. That's a helpful summation of the food. I know I need to get comfortable with lower numbers because they are an ideal part of his attempts to get healthy. I still get quite worried though.

I appreciate your advice.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  14. Bandit's Mom

Great AM cycle. Adding a little MC to LC when they are dropping and refusing to eat is good. Looks like he let you get some tests in!

Amazing how he has adjusted to the new dose! Was there a diet change in the recent past? Usually cats who have been switched from a higher carb to a lower carb diet zoom down the dosing ladder like this!

Acadaca likes this.
  15. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

He keeps surprising me. We'll see what the night brings. I really want to get that +2.

No diet change. I switched him to all LC wet once he got his diagnosis and that was a bit before the insulin was started. The only new thing he's had are the bits of higher carb stuff he's been getting to keep him regulated.

16. Bandit's Mom

Looks like his pancreas have suddenly kick started!

Acadaca likes this.
  17. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

It's really interesting to me that it changes just like that, but I do know there's always the chance of it flipping off. I keep waiting for a black number to randomly appear. I need to understand it all better.

I was just telling my parents about how wonderful this forum is and how it has saved both me and FCC many times over. My mom is very touched and said it restores her faith in humanity and shows how the internet isn't just about people being mean to each other.

Sue and Luci and Bandit's Mom like this.
  18. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

He's not letting me test him again. First we tried together and now I'm trying by myself. He just keeps making this little yowl and running off. I'm going to try again soon. I don't know what to do in this situation.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  19. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

If he really doesn't let me do I skip or give him .5? I'm going to try again now.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  20. Bandit's Mom

If you think you can get a test later in the cycle, give 1U - if not give 0.75U.

Acadaca likes this.
  21. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

He was not having it. He got 0.75 and I will still see if I can get him to settle and test him, but I am not sure so I didn't want to risk it. Regardless I am going to make sure he keeps eating a bit on the hour. We got him just before the half hour hit so we should be able to stay on schedule tomorrow. I really don't know what the difference is between when he'll let me go for it and when he just refuses.

I wonder if it has anything to do with him feeling a little better...or maybe secretly feeling worse?

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  22. Bandit's Mom

You can stick with 0.75U and see if he holds the reduction. :) A little LC every hour would be good.
    And yes, you can shoot at your usual time tomorrow morning.

My bet would be that he is more feisty because he is feeling better! :p

Acadaca likes this.
  23. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

I sure hope that that's why he's feisty. Tired of being poked because he thinks he can take care of himself now.

Maybe he is just forcing his way down the insulin ladder. Or about to bounce his way back up.

Thanks for being here. It's really stressful when I fail and I feel so unsure of what to do.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  24. Bandit's Mom

You are not failing. They are our bosses. Sometimes they just won't have it. I know I would not be able to test my civvie at all! I am glad it's Bandit that has diabetes and not her! :nailbiting:

Acadaca likes this.
  25. Acadaca

Acadaca Member

My civvie would eat my face so I consider myself lucky.

Thank you so much.

Sue and Luci and Bandit's Mom like this.
  26. Bandit's Mom

LOL. Ditto.

Acadaca likes this.