7/24 Belle AMPS: 410, +3: 311, +10: 142, PMPS: 113, +1: 139, +2: 124, +3: 104, +4: 128

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AmandaL&Belles, Jul 24, 2021.

1. AmandaL&Belles

AmandaL&Belles Member

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

It's possible she's just bouncing. Let's give her time and see.

Any chance she got into high carb food of the other cats?

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. AmandaL&Belles

AmandaL&Belles Member

No chance on the food, the two older girls eat the same now, FF pate. It was easier than managing multiple food types and risking her getting into it or not eating pate because she knew something else was around. Would I be safe to do a +2, +4 (depending) instead of +1 and hourly this morning ? Her Poor ears seem like they’re taking a hit :(

4. AmandaL&Belles

AmandaL&Belles Member

I ended up giving her the 2.75 before you responded.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  5. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

6. Bandit's Mom

That's fine. With SLGS you reduce with every drop below 90. There is no concept of not taking back-to-back reductions with SLGS.

You can test at +2 or even +3 with that PS.

AmandaL&Belles likes this.
  7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Looks like a bounce from yesterday's lows...

Ride it out, yes lowering the dose after going below 90 per SLGS dosing method - hopefully it won't take too long to clear the bounce.

Don't sweat that high number - it's a normal response by the liver to protect Belle from a perceived threat of danger.

AmandaL&Belles and Bandit's Mom like this.
  8. AmandaL&Belles

AmandaL&Belles Member

At +3 we are 311

9. Bandit's Mom

I think you can take a break from testing till PMPS. Give her ears a break.

10. AmandaL&Belles

AmandaL&Belles Member

Thank you, I think we all like that idea :) have a nice evening

Sue and Luci and Bandit's Mom like this.
  11. AmandaL&Belles

AmandaL&Belles Member

Out of curiosity, I tested at +10 and she is 142… would this typically be how she would react to a “bounce”?
    @Sue and Luci

12. AmandaL&Belles

AmandaL&Belles Member

13. Sue and Luci

These numbers look like she's cleared the bounce - fast! And you're into an active cycle. Please be sure to test at 2+ and then as often as needed if those numbers are descending. It looks like you're break is over - at least for now.

From 311 to 142 is quite a nice drop today. Anytime Luci drops more than 100 points I see that as an active cycle and usually set my alarm to test her at least hourly - sometimes at 90 minutes if she appears to be leveling off. Tonight looks like it could be busy for you.

14. AmandaL&Belles

AmandaL&Belles Member

unfortunately I’m a nurse who does shift work and I start a set of night shifts tonight which I’m not pleased about. My Anxiety is already high from her. I will check hourly until I leave and then I have to leave it in my boyfriends hands :( I hate this jumping all over the place. I wish I had the luxury of staying home !

15. Sue and Luci

How long before you leave?

16. AmandaL&Belles

AmandaL&Belles Member

Will have to leave for work just after +3, so I can test hourly until then. My Partner may not be home Until +4 or +5

17. Sue and Luci

You'll know a lot in three hours about which direction Belle is headed.

If those numbers continue to trend downward and the cycle is active - you may want to decide to do food propping - if your nerves can't handle leaving while she's dropping then bring out the high carb food (the heavy guns) and allow her to eat - that'll bump the numbers up - quite likely significantly - however that food bump can last only an hour or two - so by the time partner comes home and tests at 4 or 5+ the food will have worn off and you'll have a better idea then of what the rest of the cycle will be like.

Many people work while doing TR - there are lots of tips and tricks - often involving getting a test or three before leaving for work and then feeding accordingly. An auto-feeder loaded with food that dispenses every couple of hours can be a lifesaver (I've had to use mine a lot lately due to DH having surgery and honestly, my overall exhaustion trying to care for him and juggle everything else)...so if you don't have one, let us know - I'll point you to the one I have from Amazon - it's truly been my life-line many times to care for Luci's feeding when I can't.

18. AmandaL&Belles

AmandaL&Belles Member

Thank you thank you thank you for the advice. I’ve been looking into an auto feeder for a while (I do not have one). Also not sure what the best is for wet food.

I will keep updating but I get nervous as I know you all have lives and your own babies to care for so responses are not always that fast (I don’t mean that in a malicious way). So if I get no response at +3 and we are still trending down, I will likely feed her some MC as it usually brings her up a smidge. Just enough to hang on until +4 (which is 1130pm, partner said he would be home by then)

19. AmandaL&Belles

AmandaL&Belles Member

139 at +1. At least we aren’t dropping…. Yet lol

20. Bandit's Mom

Not much of a drop at +2 either but a lovely flat blue cycle. Are you feeding her LC? Or higher carb?

21. AmandaL&Belles

AmandaL&Belles Member

Hello! We just did a +3 and it was 104, and I have to head out for work but my boyfriend will be home for +4. We feed low carb FF pates. The only time I do medium or higher is when she dips low

22. Bandit's Mom

LC is fine for these numbers. She's looking good. :)

23. AmandaL&Belles

AmandaL&Belles Member

I’ve been giving her a tablespoon or so after each test this evening :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  24. Bandit's Mom

You must be relieved to see these beautiful numbers back. Bounces are really horrible but unavoidable. You're doing a great job juggling testing and work!