7/17 Perry PMPS 222, +3 299

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Perry & Jenn, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Perry seems to be on a mild bounce after the excitement of hitting green for the first time, but I'll take yellows for now, because they're still an improvement over the pinks. Hope everyone in Sugarcatland has a peaceful night!

AmandaE likes this.
  2. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Oh, and a wet-food automatic feeder is on the way to our house now! Hoping to get more clarity on his AMPS by cutting off his late-night snacking.

AmandaE likes this.
  3. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Yellow is so much better than pink!! and yellow numbers = sleep :D

Night Jenn :)

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  4. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

Hi @Perry & Jenn ,

I just took a look at your SS and saw that you don't necessarily test a lot during the day and night. However, it still looks efficient. I dislike the idea of poking my baby's ears so much (10 times a day on average). What is your rationale?
    I saw that Perry had a green 90 the other day, how did you notice, so that you decide to test him?
    Also, do you feel like taking a PM +4 gives you enough peace of mind to go to bed?
    I just got a feeder too, but still need to train Macka on how to use it. When do you think of using yours? Day? Night time? Will it help with your sleep?

Thank you and good luck!!

5. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Here's my testing rationale: Perry is a grazer, so between his pre-shot tests, I usually attempt to get a test on him that I suspect isn't TOO influenced by food. Our vet really wants to see his +4 numbers, so I try to catch tests in that neighborhood for her. If he eats more around +3, then I try to get a +5, which is when the Lantus seems to start his dive... But that 90 the other day taught me I should be checking around +7 and +8, too, because we really aren't sure when his nadir is. (I couldn't get a test at that time yesterday, though.) Perry needs to put on some weight, so I like to feed him as much as he wants! But it does make testing without food influence trickier.

Also, like you, I've had plenty of days when I just need to give his ears a break!

Perry has always been a middle of the night snacker, so I've been freezing a meat popsicle to leave out for him overnight, plus a little bit that's cold but thawed. I'm hoping that with the feeder, he can eat in the middle of the night, but we want to cut him off from food two hours before his AMPS to get a better read there. Food is definitely influencing those numbers right now. I have a feeling his PMPS numbers are the more accurate picture of where he is, because we always withhold food two hours before we take his PMPS. But he seems to be hungry in those wee hours, so I wonder if letting the feeder cut him off at a certain time is going to mean less sleep for us. Sigh.

Penelope and Mačka likes this.