7/14: Cosmo- home and... happy

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cyn and Cosmo, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

Hi all,
    Thanks much for the emergency blizzard response yesterday. I just got him home. he was headbutting me the entire way home.
    He was a bit slow to get out of the carrier, but made immediate use of the facilities, then jumped up on the office chair, where I gave him a little snack of bonito flakes (hoping to whet his appetite...). He ate most of them, but maybe he's just really tired.

Does it sound silly that I'm worried a little b/c Danger is being so obnoxiously affectionate (which is what he does when Cosmo isn't feeling well). I'm going to assume he's feeling anxious and just needs some comforting.

We came home with bup and anzamet for when/if he has another episode, plus some steroid pills to give every day starting tomorrow. That should be interesting, since he's been unpillable for me up to this point. And he's onto my pill pocket trick.

I'm gonna take it day by day and enjoy him. Give all your purry furries kisses and scritches from me.

2. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

What a wonderful condo to read. I bet it will feel very windy up in Boston today -- with everyone's big sighs of relief coming your way. Did you feel mine? Whewwwffffhhhh!!!

Day by day, enjoy your sweet Cosmo. (Well, except for the pilling part. He sounds like he is a smart kitty. Good luck with that!)

3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

More great news! Welcome home Cosmo!

Pats and scratches for both .... good luck with the pilling.

4. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

Wonderful news! We are so happy for you guys. Let's keep up the good work too!

5. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

very very happy to see this!!

I hope the pilling isn't too difficult.
    Doodle started refusing his pill pockets or spitting the pill part out lately... and I know it isn't a popular idea but since temptation treats are not always such a "temptation" any longer, I've resorted to, shall we say, broader horizons.. :roll:
    I found that a couple of peices of Fancy Feast dry (it's sold in a 1lb sample size) crushed into a powder is very helpful in coating the pill pocket and encouraging Doodle to take whatever it's disguising. It hasn't made an impact on his BG .

Sending you guys lots of hugs!

6. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

I'm so glad that Cosmo is home with you where he belongs and that he is feeling so much better. Wishing you both a relaxing day and good luck wit the pilling. Tori has started to object to the pill pockets too. I think I'll try Michelle's idea.

7. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

WOW, what a relief. So glad he is home. So happy to see this. Have a wonderful day. All kinds of snowflakes, vines, white light and Reiki on it way for Cosmo.

8. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

This is great news! Welcome home Cosmo. I think Carolyn said that she was able to get injectable pred for Latte.

9. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

I asked about the injectable, but they wanted this particular steroid due to his other issues (heart murmur and hx of dka). The discharge papers today said he had a grade 3? of 6 heart murmur, which is worse than it was a few months ago (it was 2 back then).

Danger just went to go cuddle with Cosmo. Absolutely no hissing at all, which makes me happy. Danger gave Cosmo's head a few licks before settling down next to him.

Thanks Michelle for the tip. I'll try crushing some of the dry treats I give to Danger and rolling a pill pocket in that.

It might be morbid or sad to say this out loud, but I have to be realistic that my time with him is probably very limited at this point. It is very difficult for me not to be overwhelmed with tears and unbearable sadness, but I am trying my darndest to appreciate all the time I have left with him.

10. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

(((Cyn))) Try not to think about what will be. Enjoy each day just remember Cosmo will always be with you "in each new dawn". It's terribly hard but a reality we all face. Enjoy today, tomorrow is not promised. LOL

11. Fleapunk

Fleapunk Member

We are so happy Cosmo's home and feeling better!! see.......

[​IMG]

I read the other day in someone's condo about hiding the pills in soft cheese like laughing cow.....worth a shot.

Do ya think the steroids will bring back some high bg numbers for him?

((((((((Cyn,Cosmo&Danger))))))))))

12. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

So very happy Cosmo is home (((((HUGS)))))

13. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Yea!!! So glad the vines helped an Cosmo is home now and feeling better. Continued wishes for a healthy, happy Cosmo!

14. Joan and Madison

Joan and Madison Member

Yay! :D I think Danger is just happy that you're home.

15. kryskat

kryskat Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that Cosmo is home! Great news!

FYI - I don't know if you've tried them, but Greenies has a new flavor of pill pocket - their allergy formula duck and green pea. It doesn't have corn syrup like the other varieties and for some reason a lot of the kitties like them. After having to give Kasha 6 weeks of Baytril, she got a little sick of the pill pockets (which had never worked for more than a couple days in the past - so I believe in the power of the new duck and green pea pill pockets!), so I started skinnying them down and wrapping just enough to cover the pill and then rolling it in chicken dust. She couldn't resist it once I rolled it in chicken dust...

16. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

wonderful news! I'm so glad he's home.

17. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Good to see you home, Cosmo! Pills are no big deal. You can take them without fuss cat(2)_steam and make make your mama bean happy!

Stu

Hi Cyn, Treasure every moment you have with your sweet guy. We're so glad to hear he's feeling better.

Ella

18. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

BIG sigh of relief to hear that Cosmo is home.

The allergy formula of Pill Pockets that Krys suggested are a big hit with Gabby. She was so used to getting them in the AM that I now get a dirty look that they aren't there. She really likes them -- probably because they're pretty stinky.

19. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

So Happy that Cosmo is HOME!!!! Just take one day at a time & enjoy him--He could be fine now--
    Cyn you are ine strong momma bean & Cosmo is one Brave Boy--HUGS from all of us here--More snowflakes & get better vines!

20. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

The bestest news -- he is home. :mrgreen:
    Do I need to say love on him for the time you do have? I don't think so!
    Let's hope it is a very long time.

21. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

SO thrilled to see this! Enjoy every hug today.

22. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

:thumbup :RAHCAT

23. Natasha & Seamus

Natasha & Seamus Member

*big freaking hugs*

24. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

What a relief. I'm so glad he's home and doing better.
    (((Big Hugs to Cosmo & Cyn)))

25. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

Glad Cosmo is home now cat_pet_icon

Yes, spend as much time as you can with Cosmo. I wish I had that opportunity with Squishy but he got sick so fast and an hour of visiting time in the CCU once a day just wasn't enough [​IMG]

What does Dr. B say? Keep Cosmo as comfy as possible at home?

26. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

(((Cyn))) I'm glad your baby is home!
    Thanks for the update!

27. Sonia & Tom (GA)

Sonia & Tom (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay Cosmo! Welcome home!

28. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Cosmo))))))))))))))))))))Angels and lots of green light surround your sweet baby .Hugss to you too ..We do the best we canI too have an older guy Schooch who seems to be loosing weight and he has been to the vet Had lots of test and he has a lot of things going on so we just give him lots of hugs and head kisses he will be 17 Aug 17 we have him since he was a sick kitty of about 4 1/2 weeks old.. One day at a time..LOL Kath :cry:

29. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Glad to see the good news here.
    Very relieved. Cherish each day one at a time.

(((hugzs Cyn)))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.