7/11 Oberon AM+9.5 92, PMPS 76, +1 88, +2 112, +4.5 158, +6 210

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lisa & Oberon, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon Well-Known Member

thebigfuzz and Shelley & Oliver like this.
  2. Shelley & Oliver

Shelley & Oliver Well-Known Member

Lisa & Oberon likes this.
  3. Lisa & Oberon

Dunno... is Oliver also taking a dive? :D

4. Shelley & Oliver

Yes. Yes he is. :D:D:D

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Oberon comes back up and surfs higher for you.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Looks like you get to hold this dose for a bit. Drop #1.:D

7. Lisa & Oberon

Yep! So far we've kept him barely above 40, but boy, he really wants to stay low right now.

8. Wendy&Neko

Hmm, much more of this and he gets the "hard to keep up" reduction. Up Oberon!

9. Lisa & Oberon

58... that's better. Skipping the 20% now and we'll check in 30 min to see what he's doing.

Shelley & Oliver likes this.
  10. Lisa & Oberon

BTW, are there specific criteria for taking a reduction if it's hard to get them back up? Looks like we're clear of that now, but good to tuck away for future reference.

11. Lisa & Oberon

Spoke too soon... 45 at +9 (last food was at +7.5), and back to giving some 20%. :rolleyes:

12. Wendy&Neko

3 hours fighting the 40's is probably an example. :banghead: Basically, how easy is it to get him up over 50 and do you have to fight to keep him there.

13. Lisa & Oberon

Got it. I'm leaning towards calling this a reduction, then. New dose would be 6 U. He's coming up a bit now and we're past his usual nadir (+8 or so), so hopefully he'll continue to rise. We're into the 2 hours pre-shot window. Fed some more 15% and now we'll see if he can stay up on his own for 2 hours. I'm hoping we can avoid a skip or BCS.

14. Lisa & Oberon

Morning data: AMPS 208, +3 160, +6 49, +6.5 41, +7 42, +7.5 49, +8 58, +8.5 56, +9 45, +9.5 44, +10 60

Definitely on the way up now. I'll give him a break until PMPS. I'm debating the dose a bit, though. Tim thinks we should stick with 6.5 since it was only his first drop below 50. I'm on the fence about it. On the one hand he was hard to get back up over 50 for a while there. On the other hand I've seen that if I reduce too quickly it doesn't go well and I end up chasing antibodies again. What if I tried 6.25?

15. Wendy&Neko

Go with your gut. You do want his nadirs up a bit. Think of it as an experiment. I will give you a cautionary tale. In December 2015, after Neko's SRT (a whole other can of worms), I took just a 0.25 unit decrease from 6.25 to 6.0 units, and saw the 20's shortly thereafter. However, you do test a lot.

16. Lisa & Oberon

I just wish I knew what his trajectory was going to be. If I knew we were about to start a slide, I'd definitely want to get ahead of it and take the full reduction. But last time we went up this hill he briefly got a reduction from 8 to 7.5 on the way up to eventually hitting a breakthrough dose at 9.5, so it's possible he's still on his way up overall and this is just a pause.

17. Lisa & Oberon

76 at PMPS... I was expecting the start of a bounce. Given that, I'm taking the full reduction to 6 U.

18. Shelley & Oliver

Good luck with the new dose tonight!

19. Lisa & Oberon

Thanks! Looks like he may be starting to bounce now. I see Ollie's a bit ahead of him. I'll get one last check before bed at +4 or so.