6/5 Donovan "anniversary" (gotcha-day)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MJ+Donovan, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

On this day in 1996, I drove to Logan airport in Boston and picked up my sweet baby Donny as he made his way to me from Florida. What a special and exciting night that was. I kept him with me in my bedroom overnight in the large carrier he flew in, but he wanted out! He wanted loving! And with his little squeaky half-Maine Coon voice, he let me know that. The next morning, I discovered that the family did not grow by 1 cat, but by 5 :eek:. Stray pregnant MommaCat who had taken up residence gave birth to 4 kittens overnight -- all tuxedoes like Donovan.

Here is a photo I scanned last night, one of the first ones I took of Donovan when he was about 3 1/2 months old. He loved to sit on the back of this green recliner, and as he grew to full size, his loooong body took up the entire cushion.

[​IMG]

Although I know Donovan's birthdate (2/22/96), June 5 is the day he came to me, so I celebrate that as well.

Miss you every day, Donny... :cry:

MJ

2. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

What an amazing story. And a very sweet one, too.

3. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Captn' Donovan. I miss him too. What a handsome and funny kitty he was. I always thought that he and BigMac would have been great buddies had we lived near each other. Just something about their personalities... I like to image they are hanging out together now.

(((MJ)))

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

What an expression! (What big eyes you have, Donny!!). I miss him too, M.J.

5. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

What a cutie! Like George Carlin said, "Cats look at you like they are trying on a new pair of eyes."
    Liz

6. Patty & Champ

Patty & Champ Well-Known Member

Donovan was sure one handsome cat!!!! I know you must miss him everyday...has to be hard. I know he's keeping an eye on you, especially today!!

7. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I love "gotcha days"!!! Donovan was so handsome .. that expression on his face is priceless! Thank you for sharing these photo's with us ..

8. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

What a handsome boy Donovan is!

9. Daphne#5 GA

Daphne#5 GA Well-Known Member

Oh, what a sweet story, so sorry he is not with us. It hurts me just to read… I know he is looking down on you always. My maine coon went to the rainbow 7 years ago, and she was my little girl for just 12 years.

10. Carol & Yoshi

Carol & Yoshi Well-Known Member

What a cutie! Isn't it wonderful how these lovely creatures come into our lives and make them forever better. Even when they aren't here physically anymore. Thanks for sharing your Donovan "gotch-day".

11. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing Captain Donny with us again. He was a beautiful boy, he is laying by the Bridge watching you now , just like in his pic!

12. tpr

tpr Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing your gotcha day story with us MJ:) Donovon was such a handsome guy. I love his whiskers and beautiful coat:)

13. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

What a handsome tuxedo boy! I have a soft spot for those. :D Hugs to you MJ!

14. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

I love the pic and that expression! Beautiful kitty! I know we never stop missing them. Thanks for sharing his story.

15. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

I love the pic and that expression! Beautiful kitty! I know we never stop missing them. Thanks for sharing his story.

16. Munchkin's Reagan

Munchkin's Reagan Member

Donovan was very very debonair. That's a very sweet story. Thank you for sharing!

17. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

What a wonderful boy! Sending hugs to you today (((((M.J.)))))

18. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Oh Donny!! The world ain't the same without you here :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

19. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Awww MJ, thank you for sharing Donny with us. He was sure a special kitty...and handsome too.

20. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

Happy Gotcha Day, Donovan and MJ :YMHUG: What a great story :D

21. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Hearing about you getting him, his half Maine Coon squeak and his picture made my night. Happy Donovan Gotcha-day anniversary. Sending big hugs.

22. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

What a wonderful remembrance. I Love the photo - what a beauty!

23. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Handsome Captain Donovan is smiling down on you this evening. (((((MJ)))))
    What a neat picture and a neat story!

Hugs,

Ella & Rusty

24. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone for remembering Donny with me today. He was a one-of-a-kind cat who shouldn't have been conceived, shouldn't have survived at birth, and shouldn't have left this earth so soon. I wish you could have met him. I was blessed to have him with me as long as I did, but it's never enough...

MJ

25. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Donovan got one extra gift from heaven when he was born despite all odds--He got you MJ as his bean--
    And Love was showered upon him for his whole sweet life, the good life you gave him...
    One day, a sweet day, you will see him again--He is all around you--He was LOVED!
    We love you too..our friend!

26. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((MJ))) I love that photo of Donovan the Kitten.

27. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

((((MJ)))) love the pic of young Donny :mrgreen:

28. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

MJ Donovan was heaven sent. I'm so glad you share your special kitties with us. Sending more hugs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.