? 6/19 George - dosing advice?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Hshray, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Hshray

Hshray Well-Known Member

I can’t tell if George is still bouncing or if he’s just not doing as well on 2.75 units as he was doing on 3. It looked like he finally broke his previous bounce last night, but he is higher again this morning.

His pre-shot numbers were looking better with 3 units, so I wanted to see if it looks like I should go back up to 3 or give him more time to try to adjust to the 2.75?

His nadirs are low on both but still staying above 50. I do wish I had gotten a later test last night since I can’t really rule out that he went lower (although he didn’t really seem to be plummeting like he does sometimes).

Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

He was looking better on the 3U. You can always hold this dose one more day to see, but I suspect you'll need to increase.

Is he eating less? Or more spread out?

This is the pain about glucose toxicity...you break through it, and sometimes enough to warrant a dose reduction, then it creeps back in on you sometimes, especially if bouncing.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  3. Hshray

Hshray Well-Known Member

Sounds good. I will plan on going back up to 3 tomorrow morning unless he decides to throw me some crazy numbers all of a sudden.

He’s still eating at about the same times/amounts…some at shot time and then more as he starts to drop. I did try to get him to eat more before bed last night so he wouldn’t drop, but it was just his regular low carb food. I know he also ate around +7 last night.

Deb & Wink and FrostD like this.
  4. Hshray

Hshray Well-Known Member

Of course he was 99 this morning…gotta keep me guessing. I had planned on going back up to 3, but went with 2.5 based on how low that 2.75 took him when he was at 107 the other morning. Looks like more waiting and seeing again today.

FrostD likes this.
  5. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I wish they'd tell us when they plan on doing this stuff

Looks like a bounce break combined with longer duration/possible late nadir. This could start to make things interesting for you.

Hshray likes this.