6/11 Yoyo AMPS 310, +2 394

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Debra and Yoyo, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Yesterday 6/10 http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-sprinkled-on-food-6-10-yoyo-amps-279.230756/

Day 1 @ 1.75 Units Lantus

Thank you all for your concerns....I wish I could say that Yoyo is feeling better but that is not the case. It is not a good morning....he vomited when I was going to feed him @+1 so I just left him alone. His BG is very high so food wasn't necessary. I did offer water of which he drank and drank. He has been very thirsty, extra thirsty since yesterday.

Not sure if Yoyo had seizures during the night as I did find urine on the tile. I slept with him in a tiled room figuring better to have urine on tile than on the carpet.

I called the vet to find out about his blood work and the receptionist told me only partial blood wk is back. I left a message for the Dr to call me, still waiting.

Wishing all of your Kitties a day of safe surfing and fun....stay well!!

Sonia & Leo and Sue and Luci like this.
  2. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Praying you have a good conversation with the vet, and soon. I feel at a complete loss for not being able to offer actual help. A ton of hope and compassion is coming your way along with wishes of calmness and healing. You are both loved so much . . . kisses on Yoyo.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sonia & Leo and Debra and Yoyo like this.
  4. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Yoyo is still not feeling well - I hope things take a turn for the better soon. hugs and gentle scritches to y'all. <3

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

6. Debra and Yoyo

I am so confused....just got off the phone with the vet.....RBC went up, not a lot, but went up, creatine normal at 1.8, BUN elevated at 58. Vet says could be elevated due to dehydration due to urination......she also says the excessive urination could be from kidney pyelonephritis and possible bacteria in urine but that urine sample was not sterile...I caught in while in the car and I put Yoyo into the litter box.......so from the conversation with the vet..... I am going to pick up fluids, I have no idea how to give them except from watching a video that dear Jan @Tina Marie and Jan sent me to watch. I guess I better rewatch it again:)

Still don't know real reason for seizures.....I was thinking that his electrolytes were off and that it contributed to the seizures...but nope!!.....I don't want Yoyo to suffer and he is not doing that well right now and that is why I wrote I am so confused. I want to do the right thing for my kitty and I want to give him a fighting chance but I don't want him suffering!!

7. LindyNova

LindyNova Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: I hope and pray for you both. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Debra, there are some good signs! A vet tech demonstrated giving subQ fluids in front of me one time and she made it look easy. If you can't even go watch, that's rotten (Covid-19). Thankfully Marje helped and guided me to the video she made, which included helpful ways of making the process as stress free as possible, and more comfy for the cat. Follow her instructions, and all will be well. I almost tagged her, but don't want to, since you didn't!!
    You can do it Debra!!! It made an almost immediate difference in Tina's energy level. We have now been doing it since October, and her kidney levels are good and steady, even though she's stage 3 CKD.
    Only you know your kitty best, and have faith you are his chosen angel:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. tiffmaxee

Dehydration can throw everything off. It can be a little intimidating. My first cat was impossible and took two people to give. My second one wasn’t much better but then a vet tech came to my house and showed me her way. Cats are easy to do at the vet but can be different at home. I learned how and later taught my nephew how to give them to his cat. Don’t be disheartened. You might want the vet to get a sterile urine sample or else wait to see if things improve.

10. tiffmaxee

11. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you so much.....:bighug:

12. Debra and Yoyo

13. Debra and Yoyo

BUT I thought with being on antibiotics that you had to wait 7 days after finishing antibiotics to do a urine check? Vet mentioned urine check to and I kept saying that he is on antibiotics?

14. Brandy & Max

Brandy & Max Member

Hope everything is okay with your angel:bighug:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  15. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you very much....me too:)

16. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

I did sub-Qs also for my CKD kitty; it looks terrible but it's not that bad! Make sure fluid is warm and don't worry if you see a little pouch under his skin ! Elise's video is showing very well how to do it!
    You are a wonderful mamma for little Yo! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

17. tiffmaxee

Yes you want to wait until off antibiotics. I forgot about that and was thinking that the original sample was not sterile so you weren’t sure if there was a UTI at all. With urinating outside the box it is likely though.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  18. Debra and Yoyo

He isn't urinating outside the litter box, when he has a seizure or whatever he gets- he urinates where he is laying down. Poor baby can't help it, I feel so bad for him.

Getting ready for first subq fluids.... I hope it doesn't make him more anemic as my vet said it could?

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  19. Debra and Yoyo

Thanks
    Thanks Lyane, these are very hard days for Yo and vet doesn't think it is going to help, I feel she thinks he has fought a long battle of illnesses. It is hard for me to believe.

20. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

LOVE,LIGHT and HEALING LOTS being sent :bighug::bighug::bighug:

21. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sure you'll do what you think is best for your sweet little boy !!! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Sending you love and strength! :bighug:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  22. tiffmaxee

It won’t make him more anemic it. When properly hydrated the true picture of the severity of the anemia (or lack of) will be disclosed. It’s like once treated for being hyper-t sometimes you see that there is kidney disease. The treatment doesn’t cause it. It shows what was already there. Not all cats have kidney disease when the thyroid is treated. Does that make sense?

23. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'm so glad you're getting support from folks who are experienced with this...I do hope the sub-q fluids help poor Yoyo. Don't give up just yet...it could be something very simple...let's hope it's dehydration.

I'm not so sure your vet is clear on the UTI thing - antibiotics can definitely cause the urine to show 'no bacteria', etc. I've had many UTI's and the minute I take even one antibiotic the UA is absolutely clear... Is there another vet you could consult with? As a second opinion of sorts? I sure hope you get to the root of what's causing the seizures....he'll get by the high blood glucose I believe, but something else is causing him to seize...

Please know that we're thinking of you and sending hugs and prayers Debra. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

24. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you!!:bighug:

25. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you Sue:)....you are totally correct about false readings for UTI's.....Yoyo had no antibiotics when he had a cultue and sensitivity sent out and it came back NEGATIVE.....Marje @Marje and Gracie has assured me that this happens many times when C&S come back negative and yet there is bacteria present but it just isn't found on their tests.

Tonight I gave Yoyo his first sub-q fluids with assistance from Jamie @Bellasmom ....Jamie gave me the reassurance that I could do it and she was so comforting and patient with me. I was so nervous but having Jamie on the phone was like having her in the same room......many thanks Jamie:bighug:

I am thinking of getting a second opinion...thank you for your suggestion and prayers:bighug:

26. Debra and Yoyo

Yes, it makes perfect sense because I know that a high T4 can mask real kidney function readings.
    I am so happy that you feel that he won't get more anemic from the fluids. That is why I didn't offer the fluids sooner to Yoyo, I was informed that Yo could get more anemic from fluids.

I much appreciate all your knowledge....I'm embarrassed to say that I am not sure if I know your first name....I think it may be Elise from reading earlier posts as others wrote "that I was in good hands with Elise". Is that your name?
    You have been with me many days and I am very grateful to you for your support and your knowledge on so many areas.
    Do you work in the medical field?

Many thanks as always:bighug:

27. Debra and Yoyo

Thanks Lyane.....I'm trying do do everything that I can for Yoyo....and I will continue as long as my little guy can keep fighting this battle.

I just peeked at Ti-Mousse's SS....WOW....so many lime greens....what is that kitty doing?....what ever you are doing is working.....he looks so good....I hope you are well.

Have all your borders opened up by now? How are things in your area?

28. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Debra, I'm so relieved that Jamie was able to talk you through giving the subq to Yoyo! What a sweetheart she is!! And you are such a brave mama, willing to do anything to help your baby.

Sending a billion hugs and healing vines and praying the fluids will help. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

29. Debra and Yoyo

Thanks Sonia....and thank you for sending all that info this morning....I am not sure if I ever thanked you properly so I appologize if I didn't say thank you earlier today....I need to reread all that info again.

Leo's SS looks B E A U T I F U L.....I hope you know that I wish Leo many more green safe surfing days:Dhe is doing terrific because of all your hard work!!

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  30. SingsToCats

SingsToCats Member

Congrats on learning to give fluids, it can really help your cat!

I hope that helps with his seizures. I asked my brother some question about his cat, in case it could help you.

He gives the cat these 2 yogurts:

Activia fruit yogurt - strawberry
    Activia Dailies Probiotic drink - strawberry

Sometimes she likes it and just eats it. Sometimes they put it under her wet food. She eats some every day, and rarely has seizures any more.

When she has a seizure they put a towel or blanket over all of her, including her head. They pet her through the towel, hold her shoulders, and talk to her. This seems to help her get better sooner.

Have you seen him have a seizure yet? One thing that would trigger her seizures was falling. I hope Yoyo feels better soon!

31. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you for letting me know....I did some research and I learned that heavy cream helps and that is in the same family as the yogurts, I guess the heavy cream is for humans, I honestly don't remember the entire article. But it related to what you were telling me about yogurt....very interesting....thank you again for the great info!!

The first seizure that I saw was yesterday....his front paw went swimming and then the back legs went moving too. And then he urinated. Last week I saw some drool and I couldn't understand why he would drool.....all makes sense now, drooling is part of seizuring.

I sure hope the fluids help him !!
    Thank you again for sharing the info from your brother:bighug:

32. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Fluids always help a dehydrated kitty as long as there are no heart issues. I hope he will start to improve. I’m glad Jamie could help you. Let me know if you have questions on subqs.

33. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Totally agree