6/11 Darcy AMBG 65 No shot this morning

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne & Darcy, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

His AMBG is 65. Last night he was low and when it was getting late and he was 56, I gave some Karo. Tested an hour and a half later and he was 91. Then earlier this morning (at +10.5 from yesterday's cycle) he was 74 (that was around 5:30 a.m.) and by 7:15 a.m. he was 65 AMBG... so no shot today. I can't send him off to the vet with a shot when they won't have time/staff to check him frequently enough, I guess.

ETA: He was eating wet food on his own last night and this morning! When he started eating last night, I could have danced a jig. Keep in mind that he hasn't eaten anything on his own (except kibble, which probably helped block him up). He also has been drinking water on his own.... that is good because this week he went days without drinking any water (although he was on IV fluids, but he still didn't drink until Wednesday when the vet tech finally got him to drink some).

yesterday's: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/6-10-darcy-12-5-47-14-68-2-62-4-60-5-56.248464/#post-2802503

2. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

You must be happy with the greens but it looks like you didn't get much sleep last night. Isn't it amazing that you can't trust - of all people -your vet's staff to monitor your kitty while he is with them? What will they be doing today? I assume more fluids. Will they also be blood testing again? You poor thing. You are probably spending so much money at the vet but even more concerning is Darcy's health. I really hope he starts to feeling better and any blood work is acceptable.

3. Emily + Zen

Emily + Zen Member

Mister Darcy! Come on up, bub!

So glad he's eating! But so sad you're having to go through such a tough time with him right now. :bighug:

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  4. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

He's been back to eating is great news. So glad for both of you!

5. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

More healing hugs and prayers:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Darcy's eating! :woot: Cue the flashing lights, brass band, balloons and confetti! :joyful::joyful::joyful:

7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Suzanne I'm so happy to hear that Darcy is eating and drinking.
    Keep up the good work Darcy . I hope you both have a nice day ♥:bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Darcy is eating for you. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

Yay for eating and drinking and I'm with you on the level of monitoring they do in the vet. We are so careful monitoring, it was a bit of a shock to me how relaxed they can seem about it. Seemed to me for Minnie they monitored in the hospital only if the vet 'prescribed' it and at the frequency she specified. Hoping his BG is satisfactory today. Just a thought, if he is going to be spending time at the vet again for fluids is it worth considering the Libre CGM - maybe they would monitor more that way? (I am already talking myself out of that before even pressing 'post'...they will not do the delicate surfing dance we do, just pump in some dextrose)

Hope you and D have a good day.:bighug:

10. Suzanne & Darcy

11. Suzanne & Darcy

Honestly, I almost hope they don't do any blood work. It's all so bad that it upsets me and there's not much I can do about it except what I already am (and pray for a miracle.) That way, I can fool myself into thinking that he is fine because he acts happy when I have him at home.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hmm, looks like Darcy needs less juice when he's feeling better. At least I hope that's what the numbers (and eating) are saying. :bighug:

13. Suzanne & Darcy

I know! That's what I am thinking. He feels better. He is getting rehydrated (not sure how long that will last off the IVs) and his numbers are WAY down.

14. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Very nice Darcy.

15. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

His numbers are so great. I really hope they match how he is feeling.

16. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

What's going on with Mr D today? Nothing on the s/s since this morning either! Aunties want to know.