? 5/7 Benny AMPS HI +2 456 +3 449 +6 489 +10 464 PMPS 429

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ben&Squirrel, May 7, 2022.

1. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...472-7-486-9-478-pmps-454.262877/#post-2946467

I think I am going to put Benny into TR instead of SLGS.

I have gotten him almost all on LC; I think I went too fast because he had diarrhea today, which he never does. He's feeling okay, though. Within the next few days I will have him on all-LC rather than LC with some MC.

If I am going for TR, what would be the next step in dosing?

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Wait until he’s completely off dry food. In the meantime you could follow SLGS with reductions at 80. Just note that on your spreadsheet and signature.
    Once off dry if you wan5 to switch you can simply start taking reductions if under 50 and start holding doses 6-10 cycles. With TR his dose now would be 1.0.

3. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

He's already off dry; he has been eating LC Weruva plus some MC Fancy Feast for some time. In the last couple of days I've switched out the MC Fancy Feast and I think it gave him the diarrhea. Am I wrong in thinking that he needs to be 100% LC?

4. tiffmaxee

I’d feed lc unless he starts to drop too quickly or his bg is getting low at the beginning of the cycle. You need to have mc and hc around for when you need to bring up his bg which you already know. Having lc at 3-4% and 7-9% is good for feeding the curve as well as a little 10-14%. It depends how carb sensible is.

If you want to start TR increase to 1.0 tomorrow or whenever you want to make the move.

5. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

I will increase to 1.0 tomorrow.

Can you tell me whether, on 5/3, TR would have had me give the full dose of 1.0?

6. tiffmaxee

Yes. With TR reductions are under 50 so as long as you had supplies and could monitor you could have shot a full dose. His bg was high enough at pmps to shoot 1.0 comfortably.

7. tiffmaxee

Look at jingwen, Tabby’s spreadsheet. I can’t guarantee that Ben will have such a dramatic change but you can see how shooting low can lead to a flat cycle.

8. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

Wow, that is a great sea of green. I've got my fingers crossed that Benny will move in the right direction with TR.

Thanks, as always, for your help with my many questions!

9. tiffmaxee

Keep as,I got. That’s the only way to learn.

10. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Katherine, just a reminder when you switch to TR don't forget to make a line above the date youbp switched to TR and also note it in your signature ,you van put TR and the Date :cat:

11. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

Will do, thank you! :)