5/31 Buster AMPS 78, 80 +.5 73 +3.75 84 +8 131 PMPS 179

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kim & Buster, May 31, 2023.

1. Kim & Buster

Kim & Buster Member

2. Kim & Buster

Kim & Buster Member

**He was at 78 at his normal shot time, then 80 after stalling for 15 minutes.

3. Kim & Buster

Kim & Buster Member

He’s at 73 now 30 mins after shot time :nailbiting: I have to leave for work soon, idk what to do - I can try to sneak back home maybe in 3 hours or so

gonna feed him more HC, and also mix some into his regular LC pate he eats throughout the day. in hindsight I wish I’d given a partial dose.​

4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

The HC mixed into his usual LC should keep him safe. If you can get a +3, that would be great.
    Even if you had shot a token dose, the depot would have affected the first part of the cycle.

5. Kim & Buster

Kim & Buster Member

Just got home, he’s at 84 at +3.75! I’ll make sure he eats more too.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  6. Kim & Buster

Kim & Buster Member

Tested him 15 mins later, so +4, and now he’s at 75. But he also just ate a lot from his MC food. I’ll give him more HC gravy just to be safe, and maybe mix more into his food bowl too.

I know he hasn’t dropped under 50 but I would guess he would have if not for the carbs - should I reduce tonight or hold the dose?

7. Bandit's Mom

He's looking food on this dose for now, so I would hold it....

Kim & Buster likes this.
  8. Kim & Buster

Kim & Buster Member

Gotcha. Crossing my fingers, knocking on wood, and everything else to hope that he settles into some nice flat green cycles :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  9. Kim & Buster

Kim & Buster Member

And now he's up to 131 at +8! I imagine all the HC food helped, lil dudes been eating good today LOL

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  10. Kim & Buster

Kim & Buster Member

Jumped up to 179 for the PMPS. How long does it take for the HC food to leave his system/stop affecting his numbers? He ate maybe a little less than a full can of HC FF today.

11. Bandit's Mom

Yeah, carbs after the nadir can cause numbers to zoom since there is a loss of duration.

Just a couple of hours, but he might stay a little higher both on account of the loss of duration and some element of bouncing.

Kim & Buster likes this.