5/30 Xena AMPS 301, +3 275, +9 314 / ***INCREASED for P.M. cycle ***to 2.5 U, PMPS 317, +2.75 237

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Don & Xena, May 30, 2023.

1. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

Last edited: May 31, 2023
  2. Deb and Sylvester

Deb and Sylvester Well-Known Member

Good luck with the increase!

Don & Xena likes this.
  3. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

Thank you
    Increased to 2.5 for the PM cycle.

Deb and Sylvester likes this.
  4. Breelynne

Breelynne Member

What is up with these 2 bouncing back up. Had my hopes up!

Don & Xena likes this.
  5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Good luck with the increase :cat:

Don & Xena likes this.
  6. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

I know… Xena was less hungry and not finishing her food for a couple cycles there. I was confused. I didn’t know if the insulin was making her better. Therefore, she’s less hungry….or if being less hungry and eating less made her numbers lower, therefore, making it look like the insulin was working more, but for the past few cycles, she’s back to Being hungry and finishing whatever we give her. She’s definitely not as ravenous though, as she was at the beginning. When I left today, I put a little extra food out, and she did leave some on the plate to graze on. I have no idea if she ate it 10 minutes after I walked out, but at the beginning of this ordeal, she wouldn’t have left a morsel. She would scarf and barf sometimes, just from eating so fast. I had to take her food away to slow her down. she drives me nuts sometimes. She has a habit of taking bite-size pieces over to the living room rug, setting them down and eating them there. ‍‍SMH … it’s like… Really? The food is either on the plate or in a bowl which is on a Mat, on a tile kitchen floor, but you have to carry it over to the living room to eat it on my rug??? lol… cats!

7. Breelynne

Breelynne Member

Sounds a lot like Allie, she was the same way, she'd stand behind me in the kitchen and block me like "I'm here feed me". With her lower numbers she actually got bored and would leave without begging for food. Oh...... the scarf and barf...I use 2 plates for Allie so I can rotate them and add a little water to them. Now I only give her a heaping teaspoon at a time. Even before she became diabetic on some flavors of cat food she would wolf them down and barf. Hahaha Xena just wants to eat in the living room!

Good luck with her dose today, Allie got a bump too.

8. Deb and Sylvester

Hahaha! One of my rescues still does the food drag, and he's been with me 6 years!

Everyone always gets their own plate, but sometimes he just feels compelled to take his food and eat it privately, as if someone else is going to steal it from him!

9. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

Well, we joke and call Xena “dumpster cat” because her and her siblings were living “near” a large, rolling dumpster (they realized later that the cats must have been actually living IN the under part of the dumpster, apparently) behind a barbecue place right next to the veterinarians office my wife worked at, so one day the dumpster was gone, and so we’re all of the kittens and mama, but somebody was out gallivanting, or got scared away when they took the dumpster, and got left behind… And that was Xena … and that’s how I wound up with a third cat, even though I only wanted two. I mean I would love to have mini cats, but we were living in a one bedroom apartment at that time, and it was teeny tiny… Add to that extra vet, bills, etc. etc.… Anyway, she found a new home with us. I hope the rest of the crew Got where they were going. OK I was kind of surprised the cast and not run out. I personally actually posed another theory that somebody came and trapped them and took them to the shelter, but nobody thinks that I’m right about that lol I guess you don’t really know . Moral of the story… She grew up on the STREETS man. Livin’ that hard knocks life…so I figure that’s probably why she eats like that. It’s imprinted in her mind from when she was a kitten.

10. Deb and Sylvester

@Don & Xena
    You can take the cat from the streets, but you can't take the street from the cats!!

I did rescue for awhile, and ended up with more cats than I anticipated. Current count is 8. I have 3 inside and 5 in a large shelter/catio combo that I built in my backyard.

No the town doesn't know it's there, but after almost 6 years, I'm not worried about it.

Our neighborhood was overrun with cats due to a hoarder that was evicted, long story, but we got it under control.

Breelynne likes this.
  11. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member