5/29 Xena AMPS 276, +2.5 276, +3.5 280/ PMPS 244, +2.5 254, +6 267

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Don & Xena, May 29, 2023.

1. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

Last edited: May 31, 2023
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Are you not going to give her any insulin this morning? You wrote Ambg instead of amps but your ss shows you did give insulin.

Last edited: May 29, 2023
  3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

From yesterday:
    I see no need to wait longer for the increase. With TR we hold doses with blue nadirs for 6-10 cycles, and her blues are fairly high so you don't need to hold the full 10 cycles. To add to that, you switched from Vetsulin to a lower Lantus dose than you needed to, so I think you'd be OK to increase 0.25 units any time. Today is cycle 9 anyway.

5. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

sorry I have been out with no phone and did not see these messages before I left. I DID give her her A.M. insulin. I see that I wrote PSBG… I guess I was thinking pre shot blood glucose. I forgot I even posted, because I didn’t see it in my content when I got back, and started a new thread for today, which needs to be deleted
    Thank you for letting me know.

6. Breelynne

Breelynne Member

Looks like they wanted yellows today :banghead:

Don & Xena likes this.
  7. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

I agree that I should go ahead with the next increase. I mean 168 was the lowest she went, and she didn’t eat a whole lot that day, and that number was real late in the cycle and hours since any food.
    I’m not sure I understand though. When TIFF said, if we see blue, we hold for 10 cycles, I was under the impression she meant 10 cycles from the cycle with the blue number in it. Today’s p.m. cycle would be the third cycle since the cycle with the blue preshot. (Last blue number)
    It’s the 10th since the last increase.(to 2.25)
    So I guess I’m not really clear on what the protocol is when you start seeing blue numbers.
    Is it that you hold the dose for 10 cycles from the last increase instead of six cycles? And what if you see more blue number… you just home? Or do I have this all wrong, lol… Sorry I’m just not sure what it is.

8. Breelynne

Breelynne Member

I'm thinking of increasing but my second cat is having issues now, when it rains it pours.
    They are going to tend to eat less, drink less water and feel more content when low numbers pop up.
    I'm still figuring it all out too. I also don't have the dosing down yet either and then there are the readings depending on which insulin and meters you are using. I'm usally good at medical stuff but I have so much going on and I'm responsible for everything. I'm exhausted! I'm sure they will chime in and let you know!

Don & Xena likes this.
  9. Wendy&Neko

This is the part of the TR protocol that is relevant here:
    In general you hold doses with blue nadirs 6-10 cycles, however, the very first time you see blue, you hold 8-10 cycles. That's not an additional 8-10 cycles after you see the blue, it's the total number of cycles you give that dose since you started giving it. The only exceptions are if you give a fur shot, skip a shot, or reduce the dose.

Don & Xena likes this.
  10. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

Hmm… I don’t know which version of the TR I have printed out, but it’s not on there. Can you link that when you get a chance so I can print it and look it over also. Thank you I really appreciate it.

Breelynne likes this.
  11. Wendy&Neko

12. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

Thank you. I printed the protocol that comes up when you click on the TR link in the sticky. I never realized there’s some more/ other instruction in the actual sticky. Thank You… I will have to copy that paste it and print that out as well and read it over a lot of information on here to go over.
    I am going to increase her dose tomorrow to 2.5. I did not do it today because I knew we would be gone all day as my wife had surgery scheduled.
    Hope the increase goes well. Thanks again..

13. Breelynne

Breelynne Member

Hope all goes well with her surgery. Had something similar here happen scheduled vet appointment for Friday and then Mom's doctor called today, she is to have surgery on Friday :banghead:
    There is only one of me! I need a clone.

Don & Xena likes this.