5/27 Snuggie: PMPS 401; +2.5 425 ((AMPS 288; +3 334; +10 366 (after an eventful night

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jay Dee, May 27, 2021.

1. Jay Dee

Jay Dee Member

Well, it's either the dose increase or the antibiotics (probably both), but we're currently in the yellows! Had a blue (188) at +3 (before bed) last night. I didn't trust it but felt it would be less stressful for all if i just set an alarm. +5 was 254.

(I usually do the ear, but if he's not cooperating I'll do the paw pad. The previous night, i had to poke his poor little paw 3x and I noticed he wouldn't put weight on it for a few minutes and I wanted to cry. I put it on a covered ice pack for a few seconds.)

In other news, the carpet peeing is just getting WORSE. I know it takes a few days for antibiotics and d-mannose etc to kick in (if they're even the right antibiotics, won't know til Monday-ish), but in the last 3 hours i've cleaned up 4 spots, 2 of which happened in those past 3 hours. He won't go on towels that i put down, and he went right on top of an area that i had JUST cleaned and sprayed and was still wet. I'm hesitant to use puppy pee pads because i don't want him to think it's "OK" to go there, but our entire hallway is soaked with pee and natures miracle. Any suggestions? I did hear him meowl during one of the episodes so i know he must be in pain...

yesterday's post: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...-amps-334-5-350-8-75-421-up-to-6u-lev.247844/

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Poor baby. I hope it’s the right antibiotic.

Jay Dee likes this.
  3. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

Hang in there, Jill :bighug:
    I believe antibiotics most commonly raise the BG, so it is good that you are seeing a low AMPS, despite the antibiotics.
    Hope the peeing stop soon!

Jay Dee likes this.
  4. Jay Dee

Jay Dee Member

Thanks @tiffmaxee and @Hercule's mum!!

I hope it’s the right one too. I put a LB in the hall where he’s been going and he’s used it once already. I feel so bad for him. I may confine him to my office at night with everything he needs and sleep in there with him.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  5. Jay Dee

Jay Dee Member

Update: hallway litter box 4, carpet 0 since I put it there ... please let this be rhe solution til he starts feeling better!

Liz & Minnie and Purrberry like this.
  6. Purrberry

Purrberry Member

Awww, poor fella! Perhaps he was associating his usual litter box location with pain/discomfort, so he opted for the hallway. Sounds like you did just the right thing!

I hope he feels better soon! And great news on the numbers!

Liz & Minnie and Jay Dee like this.
  7. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

Go Hallway litter box!!! :p

Jay Dee likes this.
  8. Jay Dee

Jay Dee Member

Current tally:
    Hallway litter box 5
    Carpet: 1

LOL! Thanks for making this lighthearted, I need it!

Hercule's mum and Liz & Minnie like this.