5/26 Tessa AMPS 285 +3 280 +6 261 +9 260 PMPS 279 +2.5 281 +3.5 257

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by tessa's mom, May 26, 2024.

1. tessa's mom

tessa's mom Member

Previous: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...-247-6-184-7-179-8-185-9-206-pmps-285.290421/

I'm going to try feeding her extra meals at +3 and +6 instead of +4 and +8 for the next few days to see if I can make the insulin last a little longer. I know that feeding after the nadir isn't ideal but she seemed to be doing okay with it but we'll see if feeding a little earlier makes a difference.

Tessa might be a little stressed today because it's storming. So far just some thunder and rain but we might have more severe weather later. We're in the 10% risk of tornadoes area.

Edited to add:

I think I'm going to keep Tessa on 1 unit for an extra day or two to see if the food change makes much of a difference.

Last edited: May 26, 2024
    Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. tessa's mom

tessa's mom Member

It looks about the same. I'm wondering if it might be an eosinophilic granuloma. I might try feeding a novel protein diet to see if that helps. The only issue is that she's had a lot of different proteins before. I think she hasn't had lamb though so I might try that.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

I too wondered if it was that. Tagging @tiffmaxee who has experience with it.

tessa's mom likes this.
  4. tessa's mom

tessa's mom Member

Thanks Bhooma! I'll put the picture here again so she doesn't have to go looking for it:

[​IMG]

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  5. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

It's a good idea to move the snacks to earlier in the cycle. I would take her up in dose to 1.25U tomorrow. I don't think she is seeing nadirs below 150 so you have more than enough room to increase.

I'm going to tag @tiffmaxee again in case she didn't get the previous tag.

tessa's mom likes this.
  6. tessa's mom

tessa's mom Member

I was just thinking that I didn't want to change too many factors at once but probably a good idea to up the dose tomorrow. I'll plan on upping the dose tomorrow morning unless I wake up to blues or lower which seems rather unlikely lol.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I agree with Bhooma. Her nadirs are high enough she could use that increase.

tessa's mom and Bandit's Mom like this.
  8. tessa's mom

tessa's mom Member

Thanks! I got my calipers set up for 1.25 so I don't forget :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.