5/26 Mikan AMPS 281, +2 209, +4 186, +6 184, +8 257: PMPS 238, +2 250, +3 245

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mikanmama, May 26, 2024.

1. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

5/25/24

Good morning.

Mikan had a good day yesterday.
    Unfortunately, I was down with food poisoning.
    I am doing better today - not quite 100%, but at least I no longer feel nauseous and achy.

Wishing you all a lovely and healthy day!

Alicia & Kit cat and Staci & Ivy like this.
  2. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Oh jeez, Kit. I hope you feel much better. That’s terrible! I just read yesterday’s update. :(
    I’m so glad you and DH are feeling better. Do you know what you ate that was bad?
    So scary!! :eek:
    I’m glad Mikan stayed steady so you could rest up. She knew you needed a calmer cycle I think. Smart girl!! :)

Sending you good wishes to feel much better today and of course for Mikan to surf gently :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Mikanmama likes this.
  3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Morning Kit, I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, looks like Mikan let you sleep last night .Hopefully by tonight you'll even feel better . I'm glad the achiness is got. How's DH feeling. I hope Mikan surfs safely today so you can rest up some more. :bighug::bighug::bighug::cat:

Mikanmama likes this.
  4. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better! Food poisoning is no fun! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Mikanmama likes this.
  5. Mikanmama

Thank you Staci.
    I am getting better. I still couldn't eat anything and felt very tired all day. Fortunately, Mikan's high and stable so I keep sleeping.
    Every time I sleep, it gets better a bit.
    We tracked down what we ate in the past 2 days. We did go to the seafood restaurant on Thursday and had some oysters - obviously, they are high on our list. But would both of us get food poisoning? He ate some of my branzino - cooked, of course. Then, on Friday, we had a quick lunch at a nearby cafe- he had a sandwich (which I didn't eat), and I had soup (he ate some). My symptoms started yesterday AM around 7, whereas he didn't start until 2pm. Our symptoms are somewhat different too. Very strange.
    One of the interesting things: my heartrate was so much higher than usual - about 30-40 BPM higher! And all that achiness! I even took a Covid test, just in case (negative, thank goodness).
    But one good thing about this, I know it'll pass in a day or two - I'm starting to feel better. I may be able to eat something soft and soupy this evening!

Thanks for your kind words. Hope you and Ivy are having a nice day! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  6. Mikanmama

Thanks Diane,
    Mikan's such a good girl! :kiss: She knew I needed sleep so she was stable last night and high and flat this morning. I can't remember I slept this much in recent years :smuggrin:
    Still kind of spacy and headachy, nasty stuff, but I am recovering for sure. These things don't get going forever, thank goodness!
    Hope you and Tyler are enjoying the day, Diane! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  7. Mikanmama

Hi Alicia,
    Thanks. This is definitely no fun! I've had one many years ago. That one was even nastier and took me weeks to completely recover. That one, I still don't know what poisoned me. No suspicious food I ate. Strange. I'm basically a super healthy hoooman that I don't get sick much. Maybe that's why, my immune system gets super-active. That achiness was unreal! I'm trying to talk to my immune system, no worries, you don't need to get that worked up! :rolleyes: The symptoms are easing up, for sure. Just tired, spacy and headachy. I should be pretty good by tomorrow.
    Hope you and Kitcat are having a nice day :bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Alicia & Kit cat

As you're looking at things it might have been, I've heard that it can sometimes take up to 2 weeks to present. Which is nuts!

Mikanmama and Staci & Ivy like this.
  9. Mikanmama

Creepy to think that I might have been carrying some toxin bugs for 2 weeks. Well, at least, what doesn't kill you makes me stronger, right?
    I kept sleeping and sleeping with the recurrent dream of missing Mikan's insulin time :rolleyes:

10. Alicia & Kit cat

Oof - and bad dreams to boot! :bighug::bighug:

Mikanmama likes this.