5/26 Jill AMPS 290 | +2 151 | + 3.75 113 | PMPS 234 | +2 141 | +4 92 | +5.25 99

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Debra and Jill (the cat), May 26, 2021.

1. Debra and Jill (the cat)

Debra and Jill (the cat) Member

Yesterday's post >

Yesterday BGs: AMPS 257 | +2 143 | +3 110 | +6 145 | PMPS 251 | +2 184 | +4 153

I need to take a break from the late-night testing. Can I still do TR if I'm not testing overnight? She gets her PM shot about 1 hour 15 min before I go to bed, so I could get a +1.25. Should I go back to SLGS?

Also, am I expecting too much? Even with her recent increases, Jill's BGs aren't looking all that different. I know her numbers are good, but I want them to be better!

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I would not have felt safe going to bed less than 2-3 hours after PMPS. Any way you can move shot time at all? Are you using a timed feeder? It could be set to keep her safe if the +2-3 is much lower than the PMPS.

Jill is doing well and for most it takes longer to see all those blue tests. She’s pretty flat and not having big drops at night so if you could move your shot time a little you could stick with TR. More testing would be needed when she hits green. You haven’t gotten to that dose yet. SLGS will solve your testing request but I don’t think better numbers will happen.

3. Debra and Jill (the cat)

Thank you, I appreciate your thoughts! I have to think about moving her shot times, it means rearranging the schedules of 8 cats and 2 people!

4. tiffmaxee

Even if you can move the time so you can get a +2 it would help as you could go to bed then. That’s when Lantus usually kicks in so you would know if she is likely to have an active cycle needing an alarm set for later. So far she hasn’t done that but once she hits the magic dose it will. Going green and more tests is the only way to remission except for the very few that switch the diet and go OTJ immediately.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  5. Debra and Jill (the cat)

I think what I will do is move her shot an hour back so my +2 at night can be right before I go to bed. How do I adjust -- do I move back 15 mins daily until I get to the new time?

6. tiffmaxee

You can move 15 minutes each cycle or 30 minutes every 24 hours. So it will take two days.