? 5/21 Bear AMPS 99, +3.25 62, +4.5 60, +6 58 - should I reduce?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Meredith Bear’s Mom, May 21, 2023.

1. Meredith Bear’s Mom

Meredith Bear’s Mom Member

Happy Sunday! Bear is starting to see some lower numbers again, yay! Wondering if I should reduce? I will be going out of town tomorrow and Tuesday and my partner will be caring for Bear. She will come home at lunch to check on him but can’t take him to work with her like I can. Wondering if I should reduce his dose based on numbers today (and since I won’t be there to monitor for two days)?

previous post: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-16-bear-amps-137-3-85-5-5-69.277616/#post-3072072

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I would give a vacation dose of 1.5. See what others think.

Meredith Bear’s Mom likes this.
  3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Meredith, Bear is looking so good ! I'm glad your partner will be able to check in him during her lunch hour, will she be testing Bear also?
    Did you get another test in on 5-19 and 5-20 after Bear's PMPS #?
    Sending good vibes that Bear stays safe while you're gone :bighug::cat:
    @Meredith Bear’s Mom

Last edited: May 23, 2023
  4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Are you back home yet, how did Bear do

5. Meredith Bear’s Mom

Hi @Diane Tyler's Mom! I did not get readings for those nights, I was bad and slept through the night :( Yes she did get a test on Monday during lunch. She had a lot of trouble testing him. She couldn't get enough blood and I guess he was being very difficult for her (kicking and biting and screaming). She did get some tests though and was able to give him his shot. He was higher since we dropped the dose so I felt good about him staying safe. Thank you for checking in :) I am back now and we leave for New Mexico tomorrow (will be taking Bear with us).

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Meredith Bear’s Mom
    What a beautiful cycle so far! You mean to tell me that cutie pie kicks, bites and screams no way lol
    Wow I hope the 3 of you have a wonderfull time in New Mexico
    Safe travels and you know I always have to check in on Bear :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Meredith Bear’s Mom likes this.
  7. Meredith Bear’s Mom

Haha! He has never done that for me before. She was super upset poor thing :(

yes he is looking good! Thank you so much!!

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.