5/17 Newman BG 135 @ +9

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Linda and Newman, May 17, 2022.

1. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

So good to see the blues, yes.

Linda and Newman likes this.
  3. Suzanne & Darcy

Good cycle today. I hope you had a good day today, Linda.

4. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Staying on schedule feels good. Believe it or not, I'm a scheduled type person! LOL

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  5. Suzanne & Darcy

I do believe it, but we are dealing with cats here! Newman says he’s his own boss.

6. Suzanne & Darcy

Looks like he started this bounce last night and is slowly coming down. That’s actually good (I mean that he doesn’t take that long to start coming down.)

7. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

We got a little ahead of schedule this morning. Test, feed and shoot moved right along when he voluntarily presented for his shot. I figured fifteen minutes off was within margins with little effect.

8. Suzanne & Darcy

Yes it's fine. That was nice of him to show up. I guess he wanted to eat.

9. Suzanne & Darcy

Nice blue nadir today. How are you, Linda?

10. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Busy day. My son Michael and I were grooming Minnie. He does a real good job, I'm just the assistant/distractor. I didn't forget about posting pictures of Minnie and Ozzie. I'll get it figured out. lol

Therapy appointment tomorrow and I'm so ready to be done with that. She hinted that I may need to have two more sessions next week. Maybe with a little luck, my leg will look good enough so I can be excused.

Newman appears to be feeling better everyday. Thanks for sticking with us.

11. Suzanne & Darcy

You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work!

12. Suzanne & Darcy

Everything going all right with you and the kitties this morning?

13. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Good morning. A bit disappointing number this morning. The only thing I can say that was different was found evidence in one of Newman's usual sleeping spots was barfed up, well digested food with a couple of small hairballs. It is only by location that I attribute it to him. I wonder if that would effect his BG. I did give him 2 pieces of Temptations Hairball treat at shot time last night as bait. Otherwise he is acting completely normal.
    Edit to add: acting completely normal - so far!

Update: He just ate the second half of his breakfast Fancy Feast, took a few steps and barfed.
    I spoke too soon.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  14. Suzanne & Darcy

Too bad about this morning's high number, yes. Well, at least we are pretty confident that he will only drop into blue today while you are gone. What time will you be leaving the house? Soon, I'm guessing

15. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

We will go out the door at 2:00. My son has a doctor appt at 4:00 so we will stop for that on the way back. I won't be back until 5:00 most likely.

I will offer Newman some food between now and 2:00. He is in his usual sleeping place at the moment

16. Suzanne & Darcy

Well, I hope she thinks your leg looks good and all goes well today. I know Newman will be just fine. And Minnie must look super cute now that she's been groomed! I can't wait to see her.

17. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Newman was fine when we got home. I couldn't resist testing him and he was 185, blue. We are keeping the schedule.

I will be having two treatments next week.

I hope all is well with you and you have enjoyed the evening.

18. Suzanne & Darcy

Thank you, Linda. “See” you tomorrow.

19. Suzanne & Darcy

This dose is definitely not enough for Newman. But waiting until you're done with therapy. Hopefully, you'll be good for six months after next week. :)

20. Suzanne & Darcy

Any idea why he seems to go higher at night? At least in the early part of the cycle. We don't really know what's happening later on in the night.

21. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

But for 2 points, we would have had yellow this morning!
    I wonder if it could be his eating pattern.

His daily ration is 3 cans fancy feast chicken pate, but he seldom eats that much. On average I would say he eats 2-1/4 cans per day. So at dinner (approx 5 PM) he eats 1/2 a can and walks away although, I would allow him to eat up to 6 PM. Then I withhold until 8 PM, time to test and shoot. After that he will return randomly to finish the remaining food, so some days he may be eating up until 11 PM.
    Edit to add: Just posted his +4 number, 369. I suspect his grazing may be the answer, but I'm here to learn.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    Reason for edit: Edit to add
  22. Suzanne & Darcy

Well I would not expect the Fancy Feast chicken pate to really affect his BG that much. It may be that the ProZinc has just worn off and so we see that in his first couple of hours after eating. So he could be dropping lower after that - maybe dipping down and then coming back up some by AMPS time.

23. Suzanne & Darcy

I don’t know if you are using a computer or a phone, but it’s easy to just copy and paste photos from your phone right into a post.

24. Suzanne & Darcy

No night time tests for the past few nights?

25. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

I guess I thought we were consistently seeing that bounce at +2 there was not much to learn. Two to three hours after the PM dose is my reach to be able to work within our conditions. I can try to extend up to +4 over the weekend. By then he is usually snug in a sleeping place and not accessible to me. When I shake the treats, he opens his eyes and looks at me.

As to the photos. I did not forget and I was trying to figure out how to do it. I seldom take pictures so I have little experience. I have an iPhone 11 and I use a desktop computer. Pics on the computer are old with very few to choose from on the phone.

My idea was to learn how to get a photo from my phone to posting on this thread. I was reading the manual last night to no avail. LOL I can usually figure stuff out, but it may take some time.

26. Suzanne & Darcy

Well, if sometimes you can get a later test in the evening, that would be helpful. Later on when his dose is increased, we will want to have a better idea of what's going on. Does he sleep under the bed each night? If so, I totally understand.

27. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

He is sometimes under the bed, but mostly just out of reach wherever he is.

28. Suzanne & Darcy

Up high? He is smart! :cat::cat::cat: