5/15 Max amps 243, +10 153, pmps 125, +2 89, +3.5 89, +4 102

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MindyC, May 15, 2019.

1. MindyC

MindyC Member

yesterday: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-14-max-amps-227-2-204-pmps-132-3-109.214484/

So...the vomiting has stopped, but he's still peeing in the bathroom. I pushed his dose back up to .75U because we haven't seen any greens since we dropped it to .5U. And he's been peeing in the bathroom a lot. If it weren't for the timing with dosing adequan and dropping his dose and losing the greens, I'd take him back to the vet again for yet another UTI check. I'm holding off on that one for another day or two, tho, to see what bringing his insulin dose back up does for him. When we were getting greens, he wasn't peeing in the bathroom. His litter box is clean--no reason for him to pee in the bathroom last night. And by the quantity there, it looks like he held it for as long as he could.

We are definitely stopping the adequan, though. I'll hold the vial for a while longer in case the vet wants me to try again, but if it's causing vomiting and peeing in the bathroom, there is no possible benefit that outweighs the misery.

So...anyone have any ideas for arthritis treatment that doesn't affect the kidneys and isn't adequan?

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new dose. I hope it helps with the peeing issue.

MindyC likes this.
  3. MindyC

MindyC Member

Thank you, me too!

4. MindyC

MindyC Member

Do I still shoot if he’s decreasing and not increasing? Since I increased his dose this morning I’m a bit worried about what this cycle will do. I’ll delay a half hour, but what then?

5. MindyC

MindyC Member

Well...He was holding at 121 after 30 minutes, so i gave his shot. We’ll see what happens tonight...

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  6. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

You might consider he's technically the same with the allowable 20% meter variance, but Max looks like he had has a few late cycle nadirs too, where your preshot has been the lowest of the cycle, hope he behaves tonight! How is his appy today? Maybe get a +1 or +2 for sure, and if you are same or lower, I'd try and feed some extra carbs earlier, it would be nice if you can hold the 0.75u a wee bit :D

MindyC likes this.
  7. MindyC

MindyC Member

The late nadirs are what worry me. Wasn't really expecting that today, but hopefully he keeps his head above water. I know the .5U dose wasn't working for him, at least not yet. It might, given a few more days with the .75U. His appy is much better today, he seems to be back to "normal" at least. He wasn't happy I made him wait an extra half hour to eat. Second dinner will be at +2 (8pm eastern), so I'll check him just before that to see if I need to slip some 14% in front of him. I'd also like him to ride this dose a bit! :D

8. MindyC

MindyC Member

Of course he's going to drive me crazy. 89 @ +2, so I just gave him 1/3 can of 14% Friskies. Feeder hasn't turned yet, so he'll fill up on the gravy stuff first. I'll check him again in an hour.

9. Christie & Maverick

Nice green, now let's see if we can avoid those sharkies, Max, maybe you can just paddle around in the shallow end of the lagoon for a while?! If anything, it's a good test to see how the 14% carbs work with early drops like this. I'll be checking in if you need help or a bit of support ;)

MindyC likes this.
  10. MindyC

MindyC Member

Thanks, Christie! I forgot to check him an hour after the 14%, but got it 1.5 hours after the 14% (so...shot+3.5). He's still at 89, which is good. I'm in need of sleep, tho, so will probably check again in 30 minutes and if he's not dropping I'll head to bed. He ate his fill of the 14% and is curled up on the couch sleeping. :)

11. Christie & Maverick

Oh fabulous +3.5 :D, you go Max! I can totally understand your need for sleep, I hope he behaves! I'm glad he's not dropping much since the good drop from preshot to +2, the 14% seems to have slowed him down nicely :).

MindyC likes this.
  12. MindyC

MindyC Member

102 @ +4, so we are good for the night. Have a great night, Christie, and thanks for your help!

13. Christie & Maverick

You're welcome, not sure how much I helped, you did all the work :p. Next time, you might try something around 8-9%, just a thought. Tough to know in advance how much more quickly they might go down with a steep drop like you saw tonight, it is so much easier to think back once you see how the carbs have worked. Hoping to see more nice greens for Max tomorrow :D