5/15 - Alphyne - PMPS @ 353 - how long for bounce to clear

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by bobjoh, May 15, 2021.

1. bobjoh

bobjoh Member

previous - 5/9 - Alphyne PMPS @ 198 / +3 @ 101 / +4 @ 95 / +6 @ 122 - thoughts about dosing? | Feline Diabetes Message Board - FDMB

Alphyne does quite well on 1.25U. She gets into the greens (sometimes quite fast), but I've been holding her in good numbers with food.

We went back to the 1.25U on 5/8 (after a curve), as we've been going back and forth between 1.25 and 1U.

On 5/9 and 5/12,we had some good numbers. But, she really seems to have bounced after 5/12, and it's not clearing like it normally does. She usually clears after 4 cycles.

My reduction point for both girls is at 80, as they were reducing too often too fast and never surfing at all.

We haven't been higher than 1.25U since the beginning of April, and the 1.5U lasted only two days before she dropped really fast.

Her numbers are just so high; I'm not sure why her numbers climbed so much. Maybe it's normal to keep jumping up and down the dose scale? We've just been back and forth between the same numbers for so long, it seems odd to me. Any thoughts? Thank you!

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

A bounce typically clears by 6 cycles. So maybe tonight. There’s no such thing as a failed reduction with SLGS so you have to wait a week to evaluate this dose. Lots if cats go back and forth with doses. One of the reasons I prefer TR is you can make adjustments more often if in higher numbers but it’s not possible when feeding dry food.

bobjoh likes this.
  3. bobjoh

bobjoh Member

Thanks! She's usually cleared the bounce by now, and her numbers haven't been this high since we started the insulin journey, so it just seemed odd to me.

Appreciate the response.