? 5/13 PMPS 47... Got up to 75 with food, gave skinny .5. won't be able to monitor tonight

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by TankNRK, May 13, 2023.

1. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

Precious Post
    https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-12-lando-amps-79.277455/#post-3070920

Needing to decide on insulin within 15 minutes.
    I will NOT be home to monitor all night, I'm going to a concert and won't be back til potentially his +8.
    Tested before insulin, 59... Waited 15 mins, 47!!!
    I can skip if I need to do he's safe. Does this mean we got another dose reduction down from .75 to .50? Should I administer to begin with??
    I have the auto feeder to go off hourly until his +6 which should get him thru any low points til I'm home.

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  2. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

I obviously fed since he went below 50, so there isn't really anymore stalling I can do. I could give .5u and have hourly meals and can give him medium carb food before I go just to be safe!

3. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

Hi Tank
    That 47 is a reduction. New dose is 0.5. Congrats :)

I have to run out for a bit but if it were me I would skip. :cat: especially since you won't be around to monitor.

TankNRK likes this.
  4. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

He's at 62 now! I was thinking either a skip, or I'd give .5u, check right before I leave, if needed give medium carb food before running hour the door, then have hourly snacks set up. I really don't wanna worry bout him though, it's my first night away from him since diagnosis.

5. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

I understand! Others may disagree but that's the reason I would skip. He's doing great and I personally think he'll recover from the skip VERY quickly. Better to be safe IMHO.

TankNRK likes this.
  6. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

Up to 75 now +20 minutes after insulin was due!

7. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

This IS a food influenced number, LC food

8. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

I opted to give .5 u (granted there was also a little bubble in there I couldn't get out so it was a skinny .5)

He has food set up hourly and I'll test right before I run out the door in 30 mins. I'll give MC if I'm a tad worried before I leave. I think he'll be alright with a skinny .5!

9. Gus the Furminator

Gus the Furminator Well-Known Member

He’s been surfing greens beautifully on his current dose!

Since you won’t be home, I think the choice to do 0.5u was a good idea. Also great that you have the auto feeder set up hourly, just incase.

Hope you enjoy the show

TankNRK likes this.
  10. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

Thank you!! It's a once in a lifetime concert, The Cure's US tour.

I figured a skinny .5, feeding a tiny bit of MC before leaving, and hourly snacks until his +6 would surely keep him above water. Lando always has a huge appetite and I think he's been doing great so far. I'm mad at him cause he's been sitting so good in the 70-100s and of COURSE he'd throw me for a loop before I leave for the concert lol!

Gus the Furminator likes this.
  11. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reduction, Don't make us worry about you Lando while mama is gone, I'm sure he'll be fine Tank since you have the auto feeder and he has a huge appetite. Enjoy the concert :bighug::cat:

TankNRK and Gus the Furminator like this.
  12. Gus the Furminator

Gus the Furminator Well-Known Member

The Cure! That’s amazing!

I think I would only call this a temporary reduction since it wasn’t ‘earned’ and he’s doing so well on the current dose. Curious to see how he reacts to the small reduction tonight though

TankNRK likes this.
  13. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

Sounds like a good idea, I'll wait and see if it happens again in the future before a permanent reduction! :)