5/12 Mo - AMPS 401, +6 313, +8 380, PMPS 383, +3 302

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by katy and mo (GA), Dec 4, 2020.

1. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

Yesterday's Post

I'm paranoid that there is something going on that I can't see. He is still very food driven (and always has been), eats everything, enjoys cuddles, wanders around outside, and is peeing and pooping a good amount. But his BG levels are really worrying me. After 2 and a half months on insulin I would have thought we would have started to see some progression by now. If we don't see any movement in his levels in the next couple of days I'll take Mo to the vet and see if they can run some bloods.

What should I ask for them to check if it does get to that?

Otherwise, can anyone think of why my boy is running high?

Hope you're all having a good day :bighug:

JOJI and Kit likes this.
  2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I'm sorry he's still in pink.
    I'm glad he is feeling good, and behaving like himself. Sounds like the 5p's are in place
    peeing
    pooping
    purring
    preening
    playing
    They are more than just the numbers.

Do you have other pets in the house? Could he be getting into contraband regularly.

3. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

The only thing he isn't doing is playing. He hasn't been playful since his diagnosis really. He has his playful moments but not as often as he used to.

He is our only baby so i can't think of where he would get contraband from unless he's going into other peoples houses (which is unlikely). I guess we will just have to wait and see.

4. Gill & George

Mo Sounds very much like George with his food.
    He's 21 now, but when he was younger we were surprised to learn that he was visiting our neighbours, they caught him trapped in their kitchen, red handed, they had set their catflap to not let their cat out, so he was in the kitchen when they came to get their breakfast.

He's also managed to get into an outdoor cats kibble when my friend was looking after him even though it was on a high windowsill and we hadn't seen him jump that high in donkeys years.

Do you think you could try keeping him in for a few days? Just as an experiment, see if that makes a difference?

They can be very resourceful.

katy and mo (GA) likes this.
  5. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

Wow it makes me so happy that your boy has made it to 21! That's amazing!

I was thinking it might be worth experimenting with keeping him inside for a couple of days. I do wonder if people see him and might give him treats or something. He will be very grumpy if we don't let him outside though. But worth a try!

Thank you so much for your support, Gill :)

6. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

sending positive thoughts to you and mo :bighug:

7. Gill & George

I had a friend look after George, my mum had cancer and was very sick, so she looked after him whilst we were away, he was on a diet at the time (from hills) to try and get him to loose some weight, he was 7.5 kg at the time, 3 months later he was 9kg, he did a very good job of convincing her that he was wasting away:rolleyes:
    Our cleaning lady pet sitter for us once, when we got home she told me that she thought he didn't like his kibble, when I asked her why, she said it was because he would only eat the temptations she put on top, and then look at her for more. In a weekend she cleared out the larder of temptation treats. ( I never gave him more than 4or 5 a day).:rolleyes:. They can be very convincing, especially if they are motivated by food:joyful:. On the plus side when he starts getting into lower numbers, it's always comforting to know that they will eat.

I'm sure he will be a bit miffed at not being let out.
    If it turns out he's been going out for take out, you may find a big change in the numbers when you have him in lockdown. Just be ready for that. Even if all he is getting is a few pieces of kibble here and there it could make a big difference.

8. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

Crikey! George was clearly wasting away :p I'm sure Mo would do exactly the same if we every had someone pet sit for him!

My partner already let Mo out this morning :facepalm: I'll keep him in for the rest of the day and see if we get anywhere. He had a much nicer BG reading at +6. I will test him again in 3 hours to see where he is at.

Give my love to George :D:bighug:

Gill & George likes this.
  9. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

+8 is 380. I really do wonder if someone else is giving him treats or something. It's the only explanation I can think of because otherwise he's acting relatively normal? I will keep him inside for a day or 2 and see if his numbers come down. None of this is making sense :(

10. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

PMPS 383. Still no movement on 5 units. We are now on his 6th cycle and I'm not feeling hopeful.

He's not very happy about being kept inside. He's pretty hungry tonight, which isn't surprising given his BG levels.

11. Gill & George

I have 3 other cats who like going out (George prefers a warm spot on the sofa nowadays), I live in the country in Spain, at the weekend we have hunting, so they all stay in (Felix got shot, that's how he came to live with us, he was a stray.
    Felix and Fred get a bit miffed at being kept in.

I find that what I need to do is play with them, to burn off some energy. That helps.

12. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

+3 302!! Some improvement, yaaay!

Gosh, it sounds like you and your kitties really live the good life!
    I try to play with Mo but he's often not really interested. I used to love playing in his tunnel but since his diabetes he hasn't wanted to go in there. The only things that get him going now is the laser pointer and his catnip mouse. Maybe I should give him some catnip tomorrow :p I'm sure he will love that.

I'm off to bed now. Thank you so much for your support today, Gill. It has been so helpful :bighug:

Gill & George likes this.
  13. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I hope Mo goes into better numbers soon:bighug:. Paws crossed that he has been sneaking into the cookie jar while out on his adventures.