5/12/23 Raven AMPS 179 +4 109 +8 127 PMPS 92 +1 71

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SophieFRA, May 11, 2023.

1. SophieFRA

SophieFRA Member

Hi all, looking for some time sensitive advice. Crazy work week and Raven‘s numbers continue to be all over the place (high‘n low). His PMPS is 92. How should I proceed? Already a few mins past shot time (6:45pm ET). Tyia.

For background two days ago his numbers were in 200s. Yesterday morning at 101. I gave him 3u instead of 3.5 and loaded him up on carbs (syrup) with his shot and the added medium carb food for his timed +1 +3 and +6 meals, because I had to run out for work. Not sure that was the right approach.

advice appreciated @Wendy&Neko @Bandit's Mom @Chris & China (GA) @Margaret (and Pearl)

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/raven-amps-122-pmps-288-1-244-2-162.277186/

Last edited: May 11, 2023
  2. SophieFRA

SophieFRA Member

Looking at his spreadsheet it looks like I‘ve been here before. I guess I‘ll go the regular shot (3.5u) route with added MC food. I will be home (though I‘d love to catch up on sleep).

3. SophieFRA

SophieFRA Member

Ok 30 mins later (post non carb food), we‘re at 127. Gave the full shot. Will be adding MC food to timed meals as contemplated above.

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry you didn't get help in time, but glad you shot. As you said, you have shot full dose in the 80's before.

Surf safe tonight Raven.

How's he feeling/doing these days?

5. SophieFRA

SophieFRA Member

Thanks so much for your encouragement. He‘s doing so well stomach wise. No issues whatsoever. Raw rabbit has been a total game changer. Just trying to fine tune the dose now. Some days I think I need to increase but then he has low numbers again. It‘s not a consistent response to the shots.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good news on the GI issues.:)

You probably do have room to increase to 3.75 units.

SophieFRA likes this.
  7. SophieFRA

SophieFRA Member

72 at +1. Just gave him some MC.