4/30 Oberon AMPS 274, +6 240, PMPS 238

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lisa & Oberon, Apr 30, 2024.

1. Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon Well-Known Member

last post: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/4-28-oberon-amps-268-6-103-8-92-pmps-321-4-340.289373/

A nice run of greens yesterday, so we're sticking with this dose for a while.

It occurred to me yesterday that if he's not absorbing food well, that might also affect how much giving HC can boost his BG if he's low. I'm wondering if we should consider changing our threshold for reductions so we don't risk hypoglycemia with no good way to bring him back up easily. Maybe next time he's in high greens I'll go ahead and give a little carb just to see what he does with it.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Oberon comes back down soon and surfs safely. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Lisa & Oberon likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Do you have any idea how long his B12 has been low? You could also look at getting a HC that's higher carbs than what you are using now. Or add a drop of karo/honey. Good luck with the experimenting.

Lisa & Oberon likes this.
  4. Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon Well-Known Member

No idea; it hadn't been checked since 2020. I had him on Zobaline for a while back then until we had things under better control. Our HC is 20% (FF beef chunks in gravy), and we have honey on hand if we need it. I'm not really worried about it being an issue but want to pay attention so I'm not surprised at some point. Just trying to work out how all this new stuff might interact with FD.

Meanwhile, he "helped" us put sheets on the bed this evening (diving under the sheet, pouncing on hands, etc.) and then had zoomies for a bit. So he's feeling ok enough to play. And he just got his next B12 shot.

carfurby (GA) and Wendy&Neko like this.