? 4/30 Mossimo- AMPS 110, +3 85, +6 79, PMPS 97- follow up post 6

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CaitLovesMo, Apr 30, 2022.

1. CaitLovesMo

CaitLovesMo Member

Gus the Furminator likes this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Are you still feeding Young Again which is dry? If so and following SLGS you aren’t taking reductions under 90. What is your reduction number? Or have you eliminated dry and following TR?

I am not understanding why you were told to stick to a single protein for 3 days at a time. Are they different carb levels? I would be feeding according to carbs rather than protein unless your cat has IBD or another issue.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  3. CaitLovesMo

CaitLovesMo Member

Yes, still feeding young again. He doesn't eat enough without it. I put in the post that I changed it to 80 from 90 because I feel comfortable with that.

I was doing the 3 days to see what flavors effected his numbers. I am glad I did because I saw chicken spiked him, but wonder if I should try again.

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Only way to know is to try it and see what happens

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

@CaitLovesMo
    Hi Cait
    Cait if you are following SLGS dosing method it states
    Hold the dose for at least a week:
    • Unless your cat won’t eat or you suspect hypoglycemia
    • Unless your kitty falls below 90 mg/dL (5 mmol/L). If kitty falls below 90 mg/dL (5 mmol/L) decrease the dose by 0.25 unit immediately.
    After 1 week at a given dose perform a 12 hour curve, testing every 2 hours OR perform an 18 hour curve, testing every 3 hours. Note: Random spot checks are often helpful to "fill in the blanks" on kitty's spreadsheet. The goal is to learn how low the current dose is dropping kitty prior to making dose adjustments.
    • If nadirs are more than 150 mg/dl (8.3 mmol/L), increase the dose by 0.25 unit
    • If nadirs are between 90 (5 mmol/L) and 149 mg/dl (8.2 mmol/L), maintain the same dose
    • If nadirs are below 90 mg/dl (5mmol/L), decrease the dose by 0.25 unit
    I see in your signature you have No Shoot Under 80, that has nothing to do with the reductions following SLGS ,

I see Elise replied above post #2
    following SLGS you aren’t taking reductions under 90. What is your reduction number?

I see Mossimo dropped under 90 on 5-1 during the day cycle I'm going to tag a few members to see if you should have reduced . I see you already shot 0.25 tonight
    @tiffmaxee

@Chris & China (GA)

Last edited: May 1, 2022