4-30 Mini Purrl AMPS 264, +3 250, +6 255, PMPS 243 Dosing Q for New Vial, New Manuf.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JLS12, Apr 30, 2024.

1. JLS12

JLS12 Member

Yesterday
    https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/4-29-mini-purrl-amps-301-3-238-6-178-8-200-pmps-259.289421/

Today is day 3 at 5.25. Tomorrow we increase to 5.5u.

I had some other concerns about starting a new vial of Semglee Biocon Biologics and Purrl's seeming lack of action and even losing ground with the last 1/3 or 1/4 of this Winthrop insulin she's currently on. She's seeing a lot more yellow mixed with higher blues.

I understand it shouldn't matter the manufacturer, however, my concern is, when we switch vials, what if Purrl's dose is too much from the new vial? Is that possible? Like the old vial lost potency? Do I ditch the old bottle and start the new one tomorrow and give it at least another day before increasing?

I hope everyone is having a less confusing day than I am. :eek:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  2. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Great questions, Janet! I hope you get some good answers! Maybe put some info in your header about the question and/or tag some people who can advise? Just a thought.
    Good luck with the increase and Purrl’s safe surf tonight :bighug::cat:

JLS12 likes this.
  3. JLS12

JLS12 Member

Good suggestion. I'll amend the title.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If Mini Purrl was having cycles with nadirs in the 50's or 60's, I'd be a lot more concerned about the insulin switch than one nadir in the low blues. You held the previous dose too long for TR. If a dose isn't seeing normal BG numbers, that can cause glucose toxicity where they get used to higher numbers. The solution to which is even more insulin.

FYI, with TR, we typically increase by 0.5 units when the dose gets over 5 units. Think of the size of increase as a percentage of the total dose. A 0.25 unit increase of a 2 unit dose is 1/8th of the dose, whereas at 5 units, it's just 1/20th. You want to think about increases around 10%.

JLS12 likes this.
  5. JLS12

JLS12 Member

This is most helpful. I do see I held the 5.0 dose two extra days. Not sure what I was thinking there. Perhaps a cycle-day confusion on my part.

I did not know about the 0.5 increases over 5 units. The only thing I saw about 0.5 increase is if nadirs are over 300.

In order to keep things easy for me with the syringe marks, I'll do 5.5 for a day (5-1) then move to 6.0 since 5.25 and 5.5 are so close.

Thanks again for the guidance.