4/30 Jack: 368@amps, 343@+2- lab results feedback requested

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jack & Mopem'sMom, Apr 30, 2024.

1. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Jack & Mopem'sMom Well-Known Member

So based on Jack's numbers the past few days, I took the reduction to 10.5 units last evening at pmps, and he had me up testing him overnight because he decided to change his nadir from +4 to +7 and then this morning he bounced to the 300's. Cannot win with him at all. Will hold the 10.5 and see what happens later this week after he clears the bounce.

In other news, the ridiculous email reply to Jack's bloodwork results is below- nothing like not doing your job well but taking a nice chunk of my paycheck anyway. A phone call would have been nice so we could discuss this stuff and I could get my questions answered. Anyone with any experience/knowledge have any input into Jack's recent labwork? It's on the LABS tab of my SS, April 27,2024. Just looking for red flags the vet may have missed. Still need to schedule the IGF-1 and Cushing's - just need to find time and money. I seriously don't know how to manage Jack, his siblings, and the work schedule lately. :(
    EMAIL REPLY: "Jack's lab work is in. Please bring urine and stool when you can. The glucose was 252. This is excellent for a diabetic cat at the vet's. I am very happy. The thyroid level is normal at 1.5. The kidney values are normal and the SDMA kidney predictor value is normal. His albumin level is a trifle high, but the total protein is fine so this is not a concern. Sometimes allergies can cause this; sometimes there's no evident reason. His PSL, a pancreatic enzyme, was a bit high and bears watching: make sure he isn't vomiting or painful when you pick him up. the amylase, the other pancreas value , was normal. The cholesterol was a bit high; this isn't a problem in itself but is probably due to the pancreas not working optimally, as we see with Jack's diabetes. I don't think there is active pancreatitis since the CBC was fine. If you feel he's unusually lethargic, painful, or has decreased appetite or vomiting, let us know." :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Yesterday: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...ps-76-1-59-2-holding-11u.289392/#post-3174735

2. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Hi Christine. Yikes what a bunch of :spam::spam::spam:
    Hoping Jack clears the bounce quickly and good luck with the reduction! You had quite The day yesterday!!

I do hope you can get some expert eyes on his labs and some ideas. It’s so baffling and when the vet doesn’t give much useful information.
    Whenever I take Ivy in they tell me how great she looks physically. And I’m like do you see all of her conditions and crappy lab work. And if they knew how much work goes into her care.
    Sigh. I don’t have to tell you any of this. You know it too.
    Sending hugs your way to you and all the kitties :bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

His phosphorus is sneaking up. Any difference in diet since the last labs?

Jack & Mopem'sMom likes this.
  4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hu Christine I hope Jack clears the bounce soon :bighug::bighug::bighug::cat:

5. JLS12

JLS12 Member

Just sending some moral support and thanks again for the post on Purrl's 4-29 thread. :bighug:

6. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Jack & Mopem'sMom Well-Known Member

Not really, he's eating more pate but the brand/flavors of that and the Dr Elsey's/Ziwi Peak haven't changed. :( Thanks for pointing that out as something to watch. I appreciate all of your help and input :bighug: