4/28 Aria

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Hope and Aria, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

This morning she started at 146, went to 136 an hour later and then 152 an hour and a half after that. Figured she seems to be stuck, so I'd give her a bump back down. Our current record if 58 hours without a shot. The kids have gotten in on the action and now we have a family betting pool on how long she'll go. Let's say she's got some very enthusiastic cheerleaders over here.

I've moved my no shoot back to 150 for a while since yesterday I got a 140, waited and it went back down to 130 and then to 110 a few hours later. Going to grab a +1 and see where she is then let her run until the afternoon before the next test.

2. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice numbers, Hope. LOL at your little cheerleaders. I'm cheering Aria on, too.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT go ARI!

4. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Numbers are still good. Had to shoot at +14 tonight, but that's fine. I have a sneaking suspicion that maybe food is at play here.

We had him on 1 can of FF Chicken mixed with 1 can Friskies Special Diet Turkey & Giblets to lower the phosphorous levels of what Ari was eating. This was right around the time they kept her in the hospital and started discussing the kidneys. A few days ago, I took them off of it and back to regular FF because I wanted to see if it was causing the upset tummies and the not quite diarrhea they were having. They seem MUCH better now that it is out of their diet BUT Ari's #'s started to shift up. Is it possible that either the lower phosphorous or the slightly higher carbs could be affecting her bg's? The correlation between the #'s and the time when the food was removed seems suspect. I'm going to pick up a few different lower phos cat foods tomorrow and I have some EVO coming from our local pet pantry, but they don't deliver until early next week. Anyone seen anything like this before?

Either way, all is good in the world of Aria. If .1 units will keep her happy every 12-14 hours, then so be it :)

Hope you all are having a good night!

5. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

Great job, Hope. I didn't realize you switched out your SS, haha I thought Ari was NS this whole time, but she's not far from that! :D I did see a difference in a slightly higher carb food with Pru. It just may take a few days to work through her system. Give Ari a hug for us!!!!

6. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Michelle, did you see an improvement when you added in the higher carb? Because we saw an improvement and since we took it back out of her diet, more higher numbers. Just wondering if it's a possibility. Either way, I have to add in something with a lower phosphorous #. One of the sophisticat's is lower (not as much as the Friskies) and I know you had good luck with that, so we may try that until the EVO gets here. I'm trying to still stay within some sort of food budget.

ETA - Picked up some Sophisticat today. It's got about 1/2 the phosphorous of the FF Chicken Feast. Now to see if my girls will eat it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.