4/27, Falafel - AMPS 153 +3 106 +6 154 +9.5 161 PMPS 174 +2 184 +4 153 - increase?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by thornmallow__, Apr 27, 2024.

1. thornmallow__

thornmallow__ Member

Previous condo: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/4-26-falafel-amps-134-2-116-4-126-pmps-156.289285/

At PMPS, I gave Falafel Cerenia and then she vomited. Not sure exactly when, I found the vomit at +1 but I didn’t hear her so not sure how much of the Cerenia dissolved.

I think this was my fault, I usually do PMPS, let her eat, wait 15 mins for more grazing, and then give Cerenia. Today I rushed.

Question - she is on 12.5 mg of Zeniquin, we have quite a few doses of the course left. Can I skip today’s dose or will it ruin everything? I’m worried the Cerenia didn’t get a chance to take effect and came out in her vomit (which was brown liquid - undigested food). Zeniquin does make her vomit. So thinking maybe best to try again tomorrow rather than retraumatize her.

Thoughts?

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

At what point in the time in relation to food and Cerenia do you normally give the Zeniquin?

What is her dose of Cerenia and how much does she weigh? Just wondering if you can give it again.

thornmallow__ likes this.
  3. thornmallow__

thornmallow__ Member

1. Zeniquin - I give it at PM+2 usually, and wait 15-30 minutes after her last graze. Sometimes I give it at PM +1 depending on if she ate really well and had at least 30 mins to digest first.
    2. Cerenia - 4mg at PMPS and she weighs 8.7lbs as of today.

4. Wendy&Neko

5. thornmallow__

thornmallow__ Member

Thank you! I gave another 4mg Cerenia at PM+3. Just waiting for PM+4 to give the Zeniquin.

Since it has been 6 cycles since her 50s on 4/24, and now that I have digital calipers, I think tomorrow we can try 0.3U instead of increasing all the way up to 0.5U?

@Wendy&Neko @Bandit's Mom @Angela & Cleo

6. Wendy&Neko

Or 0.375, split the difference? In the old days, we called it either a fat 0.25 units or skinny 0.5. That was before calipers.

7. thornmallow__

thornmallow__ Member

Oooh good idea. I’ll try it!

I won’t be home to monitor much tomorrow, I can get up to AM +3 but I think my sister can get AM +6 before she has to leave. Cat sitter is doing PMPS, I’ll be back at PM+5 to resume. But Monday PMPS cycle I can stay up to see the effects.

8. Wendy&Neko

Calipers makes it so much easier to have a petsitter (or other) do the dosing!