4/26 Charlie AMPS 333, @ +1 363, 458 @ +6

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katy and Charlie, Apr 26, 2024.

1. Katy and Charlie

Katy and Charlie Member

Yesterday's post

So much for celebrating holding a dose!:rolleyes: Charlie decided to drop super low last night. I did the best I could to give him HC food and honey, and made sure he had access to food while I caught some zzzzz's.

Looks like he is bouncing this morning @Wendy&Neko suggested dropping down to 1.75 units. I didn't see that before the morning shot so I went with 2 but will drop to 1.75 tonight.

It's crazy we've had to lower his dose so much in just a couple weeks.

Also, I almost forgot to give him his shot this morning. Losing my mind over here. So he got it an hour later than usual.

Staci & Ivy and thornmallow__ like this.
  2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Best of luck with the new dose tonight Katy :cat:

Katy and Charlie likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Charlie is walking his own path, making it hard to predict. The fact that he went back down to the 30's later on last night is yet another reason he needs that bigger reduction.

I'm curious to see what he dose with the rest of today.

4. Katy and Charlie

Katy and Charlie Member

Just got 458. :eek: he's bouncing hard!!! Hopefully that starts coming down soon. I hate to see him that high.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It also means his body isn't used to the the LO or 30's - thank goodness.

I ran across a previous post you might find interesting: How Low is Too Low?

6. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

Hendrick Cuddleclaw Well-Known Member

that's a great read Wendy.

7. Katy and Charlie

Katy and Charlie Member

That really is a great read. Thanks for sharing. I guess I never thought about intervening sooner with Charlie. It is pretty hard to get him up once he drops so low... so maybe he needs more food at 60 or even 70? Sometimes he just drops so fast it's hard to catch him before he's gone too low. I really hope he stops the super-low drops soon. The brain damage scares me. I really try not to be complacent about low drops but sometimes I am so damn tired, I can't stay awake at night. One of the many reasons I chose to not have kids.... this girl needs her rest! ;)

I'll read over this again when I get home. It has some good information!