? 4/25 Victor AMPS 7.2/130 4.9/88- No shot +2 2.9/52 HELP! PM shot? +11 6.3/113?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by H Allen, Apr 25, 2022.

1. H Allen

H Allen Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...m-3-15-9-286-6-14-7-265-pmps-13-9-250.262408/

So after 4/23 drop and then reduction on 4/24- we thought we'd seen some high numbers- however this AM we are in the normal range...I waited another 30 minutes and retested to confirm he was going up and in fact he's gone lower....I didn't shoot anything- is this a mistake? I thought blues and greens were going to be a good thing and it's becoming even more stressful! HELP???

2. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

Hendrick Cuddleclaw Well-Known Member

if you get a very odd number, sometimes it is good to re-test to validate. Meters can, occasionally, give weird numbers especially if they don't get quite enough blood.

did you feed?

3. H Allen

H Allen Member

I just fed- I'll restest in another hour to see if he went up after eating? There was lots of blood I got two good pricks this am.....

4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

You have shot a 153 before. The 130 is within meter variance of 153 and could have been shot :)
    Was the 88 without food?

Shooting lower numbers is very scary initially but once you get used to them you get lovely flat cycles. If you take a look at the spreadsheets of others, you will see several members here shoot anything over 50 (when following TR).

Victor has earned another reduction with that 88 and you would now go to down to 1.5U from tonight. Congrats!

5. H Allen

H Allen Member

the +30 @ 4.9/88 was without food- he just ate 20 minutes ago and just for the sake of it I'll test at 60 minutes post food to see what happens? Too late to shoot if it goes up right?

6. Bandit's Mom

You don't want to shoot a food-influenced number. You can test him now and see (20 mins after food). Are you behind schedule by an hour now?

7. H Allen

H Allen Member

Yes one hour behind- will test right now- please stay tune and let me know advice?

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  8. H Allen

H Allen Member

ok we are even lower now- at 3.4.....

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  9. Bandit's Mom

Wow! Feed some more of his usual LC food and test again in 30 mins to an hour. The Lantus depot influences the first part of the cycle even if you skip.

So AMBG was 130, +0.5 was 88 and +1 is 61?

10. H Allen

H Allen Member

Yes that is correct- instead of going up it's going down- bizarre? I'll test again in another hour- please stay tuned!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  11. H Allen

H Allen Member

Yikes at another hour we are still downward at 2.9/52 - he's ate, he's even had some temptations snacks (a few)- do I need to give some honey?

12. Susan for Maus (GA)

Susan for Maus (GA) Member

I was looking at @Hendrick Cuddleclaw 's SS yesterday and wondering about this

ellenedgar likes this.
  13. H Allen

H Allen Member

another 60 minutes- retested hardly moved at 3.2/58

14. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

Hendrick Cuddleclaw Well-Known Member

basically flat since +2, that's good. No longer dropping

ellenedgar likes this.
  15. H Allen

H Allen Member

We are almost at what would be NADIR if I injected and we are lower than the AMPS--- what is happening?

16. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I don't have time to go through full history at the moment, but please take the 911 off since he is flat/rising.

Your signature and spreadsheet say you are following SLGS, therefore you missed a reduction on the 22nd...I'm guessing it was caught later hence the reduction to 1.75U? So what you have no is an overfull depot, plus a long slide down from a bounce. When they break the bounce, it is often later nadir - and it can be after +12. It's a little hard to say without test data last night, it could be something like a +15 nadir, or it could be his pancreas working a little bit, or a combination of both.

17. H Allen

H Allen Member

Victor's situation is a bit complex- lots of history in terms of pred- weaning of pred=ear infections etc...ears were packed for treatment on April 5th....Could the combo of treatment working on ears=reduced stress and the low carb diet be pushing him faster into stabilization?

18. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

If you get a chance, all of that would be very helpful to put in the Remarks column (or if you look at my SS I have a dedicated meds column because he's been on so much stuff). Pred dose, time it was given, infections, antibiotics,etc just so those of us trying to help in a pinch have it at a quick glance.

But definitely! Infections raise BG, pred raises BG, so as those change so too will BG. We never know if it'll be enough to get them into remission, but many times yes a lower dose.

19. H Allen

H Allen Member

Done! I am going to start the b-12 later today too!

FrostD likes this.
  20. Bandit's Mom

Any tests after that 58? That was at +3, right? It is in the +4 cell of your SS.

21. H Allen

H Allen Member

Just about to do a +7

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  22. H Allen

H Allen Member

Holding at 3.2/58 !!!!!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  23. Bandit's Mom

:woot:

Looks like the change to low carb + dealing with the ear infection is paying off big time. Is he also being weaned off the pred?

You want to get a +11 and post here for help if he is still low. Change your thread subject so people know that you need help with the PM shot. It's possible he might be headed much lower on the dosing ladder.

24. H Allen

H Allen Member

Last week we started to half a tab daily instead of a full tab- and today we began the 1/2 tab every other day- but at this point his body wouldn't know that as I don't give til later- so I don't think that has a big impact yet? Yes maybe the 1/2 tab thing but not the EOD thing....

I questions the ear infections now- vet told me allergy testing was useless in an older cat- but I'm wondering if the food ingredients in his previous food did change during covid- and now this change to the low carb food has really done ALOT?

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  25. H Allen

H Allen Member

+11 6.3/113

26. Bandit's Mom

I'm sorry no one responded! :( Looks like you skipped his PM shot?
    It would be good to get a test before bed to see how he is doing without insulin.

Maybe tomorrow you can go down to 1U and see if he holds a larger reduction.

27. H Allen

H Allen Member

Sigh...yes....initially this was very helpful site.....anyway I'm doing the best I can- I reduced to 1.5 for a few cycles and will see what happens- if it seems I have to skip yet another shot in next 24 hours I'll jump down to the 1 u as suggested.

Bandit's Mom likes this.