4/21 Ivy Amps 202, +3 277, +4 173,+6 142,+9 157,+11 56,Pmps 42, +2 169, +3 186 Libre

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Staci & Ivy, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

4/20/24
    Amps 202
    Good morning,

Hoping for a calmer day today after yesterday and all the poking and intervening with Ivy. :(
    She was not happy with me by last night at dinner and shot time.

She did not eat her snacks from the feeder when I was out to dinner. I hand fed her the snacks at +3 when I got home.

Reduced her last night at dinner to 4.25 units and gave that again this morning. Hoping this dose will put her in a better range for her overall. We shall see.

She bounced high late cycle yesterday before dinner from all the lows of the day then dropped drastically around +5 last night.

Have a calm Sunday everyone :cat:

2. cecile & bella

cecile & bella Well-Known Member

Have a good day too, Staci!

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  3. Karolina KJ & Nestle

Karolina KJ & Nestle Well-Known Member

Good meowning Staci and Ivy!

I'm sorry she's still not eating her snacks but you're doing such a wonderful job hand feeding her but I know it's stressful for you, especially when you gotta leave her by herself.

I hope this new week brings better results with the personalized dosing and everything else.

Looks like she's slowly making her way towards the beach. Tell her Nestle is waiting hehe.

Wishing you both a peaceful Sunday!
    upload_2024-4-21_11-35-39.png

thornmallow__ and Staci & Ivy like this.
  4. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

Hi Staci,
    Nice mellow cycle so far.
    It is frustrating isn't it when they don't seem to be interested in eating.
    It's such a hit and miss with Mikan as well. There are times I have 3 plates, each with different thing, hoping she would go for SOMETHING.
    I hope she will start eating more on her own!
    Sending you :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy and Heather82372 like this.
  5. Staci & Ivy

Hi Karolina, Ivy is in slow mode today and recalibrating in her lower dose.
    Thanks for your vote on the hand feeding. It’s fine when I’m home. Just hate when I go out and she doesn’t want to eat.

Paws crossed we can get her to a better place soon. She is much happier today with less pokes and fussing.
    I hope you and the boys are having a calm and easy Sunday :bighug::cat::bighug:

Karolina KJ & Nestle likes this.
  6. Staci & Ivy

Hi Kit, I can imaging that kitty buffet at your house should produce something yummy for all to eat. :cat:
    Ivy is much happier today with less of my intervention. She’s happier when I leave her alone. Sadly, FD doesn’t permit that :(

I hope you are all having a lovely Sunday :bighug::cat::bighug::cat:

7. Staci & Ivy

Late drop today bounce break?
    Watched her cycle going fowl through the afternoon to Pmps.

Pmps 42 on Libre
    Fed 9.25% meal
    Let’s see where she goes tonight. :facepalm:

8. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

Hoo boy, she's liking pulling these late cycle drops. I hope she gets back to doing more eating without the help. How is she doing otherwise?

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  9. JLS12

JLS12 Member

I'd send Ivy some of Purrl's appetite if I could! ;) Heck, Ivy could even have some of mine!

Looks like you're in for a busy night. :bighug:

10. Staci & Ivy

Yea, it’s her new trick… a late cycle dip.
    I usually prep her food (for pm ahead of time, including all of her supplements, all mixed in already), so I quick had to defrost some 9.25% to feed her since I wanted to go with higher carb.

I’ve had to do the same thing for those early morning cycles lately when she’s done the same thing. I don’t keep the 9.25% defrosted, so I have to real quick work some magic and get it ready in time for her meal). That’s always a fun little trick especially at 5:30 in the morning :rolleyes:
    Yeah, I’d like to see her eating better on her own too. But I guess I need to be thankful that at least she is eating the food, even if I have to personally serve it to her. It’s the small wins that go along way.
    Otherwise I guess she’s doing OK. Thanks for asking Alicia.

Hope you guys are doing well and Kit cat is feeling good.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Staci & Ivy

lol. I wish Purrl and you could share the appetite. I appreciate your willingness to share with us :smuggrin:
    Hope you have a good yet safe night ahead! (Us too!) :bighug::bighug:

thornmallow__ and JLS12 like this.
  12. Alicia & Kit cat

Man, I wish it were an option to send my appetite! :joyful::joyful:

Karolina KJ & Nestle and JLS12 like this.
  13. Alicia & Kit cat

Yeah, having to defrost the food and not having as many options available, as well as trying to keep her in the numbers you are makes it a definite puzzle, especially when she switches things up.

Tonight, for Kit's +1 snack, she was literally in the living room, and even though I set the dish right by her, she ate a couple of bites and then went back to the walk in closet. And when I brought the dish in, she ate it just fine on her luggage throne. I think she's pulling one over on us a bit, but she's old, so I guess we'll keep doing it (as if we would do anything else :joyful::joyful::joyful:)

14. JLS12

JLS12 Member

Would be helpful for all concerned. ;)

15. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

As I suggestion just to remind anyone who opens her SS, I’d put an L by that 42 so no one thinks you shot a real 42. No matter how certain I was that 42 on the L was much higher on the C, IMHO, I’d have tested just to be certain especially since she was clearing a bounce.

16. Karolina KJ & Nestle

Karolina KJ & Nestle Well-Known Member

Oh boy, buckle up Staci cause it looks like Ivy's taking you for a late night ride.

Good luck tonight and I hope you manage to get some sleep in between tests :cat::bighug::cat::bighug:

17. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Checking in late Staci, glad to see she's coming up @+4, I hope there are no big drops to follow and you can get to bed :bighug::bighug::bighug::cat:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  18. Staci & Ivy

You’re right, fixed the SS. Should have tested it! :arghh:Point well taken. Thank you, Marje :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  19. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

You’re welcome and thanks for annotating.

Staci & Ivy likes this.