4-18 Howie PMPS 106, 22 cycles at 39 units

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Howiesmom, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

@Wendy&Neko
    I haven’t posted for quite a while about Howie but would love any insights anyone can see on my SS. Howie has been grazing at 39 units for 22 cycles. I had to give him some R today which brought him down about 50 total points since AMPS. He had been in the greens and is now in steady blues which are creeping up. I’m assuming I should just hold the line at 39 units until the antibodies creep back in more but want to make sure I’m not missing something else I should/could do. He seems very happy outside of shedding like crazy (currently passed out sleeping on my lap!)

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad you tagged Wendy.

It's a long time for being at 39u. Had your given any thoughts to increasing?

3. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

Until today when his PMPS was 159 (hence the R) and another PM+3 of 160 a couple nights ago, he’s stayed under 150. So I just don’t know if he needs an increase. But the 22 cycles is a long time for him to be sitting. He’s been on cabergoline for 2.5 months for his acro, so I don’t know if that’s kicking in finally or not. Hopefully Wendy may have some thoughts. I’m Certainly not complaining as I really don’t want him back up 40-50 units/day.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Ask yourself the question - where do you want the nadirs to be? If you aren't seeing those numbers, change the dose to achieve it. Looks to me like the green has drifted away from you and he could use a bit more juice. By the way, time at a dose is relative. Neko once gave me 3 months at the same dose cause she kept on getting nadirs between 70-80, where I wanted them to be.

Howiesmom likes this.
  5. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

Should I do a full increase back up to 43 units or perhaps try a 2 unit increase? With Howie, I never know these days!

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Try it and find out what works for Howie. When Neko was no longer in dose freefall, I found larger increases and smaller decreases worked. That's not to say that will work for Howie. You must Know Thy Cat.

7. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

@Wendy&Neko He earned a natural full increase today with a nadir of 143. So back up to 43 units and counting... :(