4/18 Darcy AMBG 74/66 Another skip for Mr. Darcy +1.5 85/77 (food bump), +4.5 73/64, +8.5 99/91

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne & Darcy, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

So here we are again with a very low and unexpected morning glucose number. I really don’t know what to do. I don’t have much data on what Darcy will do (only one day - yesterday) when he’s this low in the morning. So... no shot for him this morning. Last night he had 27 units, which was another 3 unit reduction from the previous day.

Yesterday's post: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...6-2-25-269-3-5-244-4-210.246251/#post-2778914

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  2. Suzanne & Darcy

One and a half hours later and he's gotten a small food bump. He's now at 85 (Premier meter) 77 (Prime meter) with no insulin. I'll check up on him later. I wonder if he's going to stay in the 100s again today and then maybe rise at the end of the day? I can't see shooting 27 units into a cat this low! Don't know what to do, but I will be happy because it's all GOOD... just a puzzler.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  3. Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon Well-Known Member

Looking good, Darcy! Check in with Wendy, but maybe it's time for a more drastic reduction? I know she mentioned times when Neko slid down so quickly that the partial dose just became the new dose.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Darcy sure is keeping you guessing. I hope he doesn't go too high today and eats for you. :bighug:

5. Suzanne & Darcy

Thanks, Carla. I hope Furball will slide down and surf safely today! I wonder how you could get Furball into remission a second time?

6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Go Darcy!!!!!!

I'd say things are kicking in for him. You are going to have some wild days ahead until you find his NEW dose. Half doses and skipped dose will be called for.

I know I don't have to say it, but I will, keeping him safe is most important.. Make sure you have plenty of strips you will need them. And your hypo box is stocked.

7. Suzanne & Darcy

Yes! Check out his 4.5 mid green numbers with no insulin this morning. Man! He's even lower than yesterday. And I just bought 200 more test strips yesterday. I have Karo but need to go to store to get some other types of mid/high carb food. But I hurt my back and can't really drive right now (or even walk) so I won't be going to the store for a few hours at least. Right now, I'm on a heating pad.

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  8. Suzanne & Darcy

I know.... I'm really excited for Wendy to check in today and see what's going on with him.

Lisa & Oberon likes this.
  9. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Beautiful greens. I see 2 skipped mornings and evenings dose the same. Sooooo be interesting to see what Wendy says. But I think and my opinion only maybe cut 27 in half so you can give AM and PM. Guess R won't be needed anymore!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't ice work better on back the first 24 hrs????

10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's probably not going to happen. She has an ear polyp that causes her problems and I'm pretty sure that is what knocked her out of remission.

11. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Suzanne, back out of commission is a real drag, so sorry. Try Salon Pas, if you can even get to the store. Darcy is doing great, right? But on the other hand I know it’s new and scary. Will check back on the two of you later. Feel better Suzanne. Darcy stay safe. :bighug::bighug:

12. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

GO Darcy:cat: Healing hugs for Mama bean:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The depot is a wonderful thing, it can really hang around for quite a few cycles as you are seeing here. It's especially noticeable in higher dose cats and seems to last a little longer. That, plus something seems to happening inside Mr. Darcy. :)

I have a number in mind as a new dose, but I'm not there with Darcy. When this was happening to Neko, it's like she would tell me what to do. Suzanne, is your gut (and Darcy) telling you anything? I think you are at the point in the higher dose deep dive where "the temporary lower dose becomes the new dose". And yes that means a larger decrease than normal.

14. Suzanne & Darcy

I have always wondered if those SalonPas things worked. I just sent my husband and daughter to the grocery store for me... let me call them to see if they can buy one for me! Things should get better for me after I get to the chiropractor tomorrow!

15. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Susanne, I'm sorry to hear about your back. That's a killer when just trying to get out of bed kills you. I have always used ice , it always deems to help better than heat
    I hope you can get in with h the chiropractor tomorrow.
    I hope you can find a dose that's good for Darcy.
    Sending hugs :bighug::bighug::bighug:

16. Suzanne & Darcy

I really don't know. I think I want to cut his dose A LOT. I just tested him at +8.5 and he's at 99 on my Premier meter and 91 on the Prime (I'm doing a little experiment with the two meters). So right now he doesn't need a lot of insulin, but I don't know what to do. I almost thought about doing the hated "reset" on him because I don't know what is safe for him right now. We will see what his PM number is in a few more hours.

Oh -- and how do you like this... ketone meter read LO. I've never even seen a LO before (only a HI).

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  17. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I'm happy you got in for tomorrow. Keep us posted on how you are doing ok
    Back pain is the worst, it can bring you top your knees.
    Will check in tomorrow to see how you're doing :bighug::cat:

18. Wendy&Neko

We don't do resets, 1.0 units makes no sense right now - but we can do really large reductions. Given your back is not feeling good and won't be helped by lots of testing tonight, you could drop him back a lot. It's also easier to go back up scale than down if things are happening fast in Mr. Darcy. How would you feel about 15 units? it is about 1/2 dose of his depot. Or get a +11 and post here and we'll go from that. Lev cats can nadir at preshot, so what you could have seen at AMPS was nadir and a really long coast for a while.

19. Suzanne & Darcy

PMPS 137 (Premier) 122 Prime meter.

20. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your back. Looks like Darcy is coming up a little for you at PMPS. Hope you don't have a bad night having to test with a bad back. Back off in the dose if you need to.

21. Suzanne & Darcy

Thanks. I don' know how much I will give him now because I feel like it is a guessing game. I may cut him to 10 units from last night's 27. Fun with high dose kitties.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  22. Wendy&Neko

Call it an experiment, combined with thinking of safety for tonight. All data is good data.

23. Suzanne & Darcy

I really don't even know how to put this on my spreadsheet. I put in a PMPS number but it really was not pmps... I just shot 10 units. That's it for tonight.

24. Wendy&Neko

How long after your normal PMPS was it?

25. Suzanne & Darcy

That was two hours after his normal PMPS time

26. Wendy&Neko

Then if that 165 was his real preshot, put 165@+14, instead of the local time. Your Remarks say 1 hour late, in which case it would be +13. That shows us you stalled two hours.

27. Wendy&Neko

No need to apologize. You sound frazzled, very understandable. :bighug::bighug: