4/17 Cosmo AMPS 486, +6 405

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by thebigfuzz, Apr 17, 2021.

1. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Last post:
    https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/4-15-cosmo-amps-324.246192/#post-2778005

Busy times at work :confused:

Cosmo is doing well, he is loving the warm weather and went for a nice leash walk today earning some exercise points! Sunny and warm/hot out here in BC today.

His regular wet food (RC intense beauty 13%) has been really hard to get lately, so we are trying a new food mixed in to see how it goes. It is Wellness beef and chicken which is 4% carbs, so we are watching him in case it drops him. Hopefully no allergic reaction! Paws crossed!

2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Hope Cosmo slides down for you and hope work settles down too :bighug:

BTW, is this the food you switched to - link? If so, it just caught my eye as I fed Jax Wellness Complete Chicken and realized the carbs on Dr. Pierson's chart are outdated for it (well, for the Wellness brand in general). Wellness publishes it's nutritional information (hurray!) - I ran the chicken and beef through Marje's carb calculation and it came out to less than 1% (0.88%).

Paws crossed for no allergic reaction to the food - have a good night :bighug:

thebigfuzz likes this.
  3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Tanya
    Lucky Cosmo going out for a leash walk.
    I’m just wondering why you are doing SLGS instead of TR.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  4. thebigfuzz

That’s the one, yep. Look at us trying low carb!

Hopefully no BM issues either. Lol.

JaxBenji likes this.
  5. thebigfuzz

Kibble.

He eats a little bit of RC gastrointestinal fiber response for his megacolon. We have weaned grim down to 10 pieces per day, unless his BG is low or a big drop. So far no issues in the #2 dept!

If we eventually get down to none, we can do TR at that point. :)

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  6. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

lol :joyful::joyful::joyful: btw, if Cosmo does well with the Wellness food, they sell the pates in larger cans (12.5oz) and it saves a few cents per ounce. I bought Jax's cans from Chewy.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  7. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I missed the dry in the signature!
    It’s hard when there are other issues as well as FD

thebigfuzz likes this.
  8. thebigfuzz

That is so true! He is really hard to regulate and seems to be the longest bouncer I’ve seen :confused: He is happy though! Purry, and active and doing well, so we take that as a win! :bighug:

9. thebigfuzz

Good to know! Our civvie Jasper seems to like it too!

JaxBenji likes this.