4/10 Minnie PMPS 330 (0.75u R), +1 299, +2 240

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Liz & Minnie, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

Friday

Well well well. She came out to eat at her normal spot and is not hiding by the front door. Only concern is I caught her scratching at the Libre a few times so not sure how long we'll have it in action.

Internist just texted to check in (on one of her days off!) - I mentioned the sneezing, she said could be a mild herpes flare-up from stress. Poor little girl, one thing after another. We really don't appreciate how efficient bodies are until things go wrong.

And looks like she's cleared the bounce, right? I gave 4.75L, no R this morning.
    yesterday PMPS 337 0.5uR +1 332, +5.75 182 +8.5 112, +10 150 AMPS 187

FrostD likes this.
  2. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Really great start today for Minnie. Hope the eating and healing continues. She's lucky to have you. :bighug:

Liz & Minnie likes this.
  3. Liz & Minnie

Hmm, 253 @+2. Maybe I should have done the R after all? @Wendy&Neko will gratefully take advice on timing and dosing again. Thanks

4. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Nice start to the day, I think. Hopefully, she won't go up too much. You're juggling so well. Good news about her resuming some normal activities!!

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Until you get more data, it's probably a good idea not to do R with blue preshots. Though it does look like she's bouncing again.:rolleyes: I'd try mid cycle R around +6 if still on her way up.

I do like the kitten steps of progress I'm hearing. :)

Liz & Minnie likes this.
  6. Liz & Minnie

Well she is determined to keep me busy. The stoma has some delightful discharge - somehow at some point managed to splash food right around where the tube goes through the hole in the kitty kollar. Sent a photo to the hospital and called, thinking I'd have to take her in, but the tech told me how to clean it. Instructed to look out for hot ears/paws (fever) or green/smelly discharge. Wonderful. I kinda wish they'd said to bring her in, thought I was going to hurl. But....we both got through it. And she's already on antibiotics.

Thanks for the guidance - gave 0.5u R now based on yesterday's suggestion 0.75 if over 350, 0.5 if under.

Good things today - she has come to sit within sight of us, another negative ketone pee and appetite still good. No purring yet but I keep trying with the brush, used to be guaranteed purrs.

Marina & Chico likes this.
  7. Wendy&Neko

Woohoo!

Liz & Minnie likes this.
  8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Liz & Minnie likes this.
  9. Liz & Minnie

Looks like somebody's asking for a side of R tonight so I figure I'll ask my dosing question in plenty of time. Planned shot time is ~845 west coast time.

Today's +6 R dose of 0.5 given on BG of 319 kept her level @+10, no drop - though she may go down in the next hour of course.

@Wendy&Neko (again!) What do you suggest for R dosing with PMPS? I think it's a choice between 0.5 and 0.75 but need your expert assistance with the fine tuning!

10. Liz & Minnie

I went ahead with 0.75uR.

She's gradually stealthily coming closer. She'd already moved from the front door to halfway to the kitchen, then after preparing shots and food I turned around and she'd moved right to the edge of the kitchen with her little face poking around the corner. She came to eat out of her normal dining spot. Poor thing still sneezing away but other than that (and generally not trusting me) she seems to be better. I'm still going to sleep on the sofa but feeling a touch less anxious.

Marina & Chico likes this.
  11. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

Its very nice to hear Minnie going back to some of her habits and the negative ketone: yay!! As important though is that your anxiety is subsiding :bighug: take care and have a nice Sunday :)

Liz & Minnie likes this.
  12. Wendy&Neko

Sorry, not on again in time. From yesterday we said "0.75 if over 350, 0.5 if under." Last night you had a similar PMPS, and the 0.5 units of R was just a bit more action than we like. Tonight might have been better for 0.5 as well. So I'd suggest the preshot scale:

>400 1.0 unit
    350-399 0.75 unit
    300-349 0.5 unit

This will likely be tweaked some as you get more data.