319 Raven AMPS 305 +2 258 +4 253 +6 248 PMPS 287

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SophieFRA, Mar 19, 2023.

1. SophieFRA

SophieFRA Member

A bit higher numbers today - pink and yellow vs yellow and blue - (still on 1.75u) -- likely because Raven's appetite has been much better and he's eaten every portion of his raw duck (viva pure) up immediately. Stomach appears to be feeling better - although diarrhea persists. But no puking over night, nor during the day and also fewer bowel movements (but still plenty - 2 today so far).

@Margaret (and Pearl) -- to your question regarding the amount of the Jarrow supplement. It's hard to know how much he actually ingested when he was super picky about his food before I transitioned to the duck, because I would just bring out one wet food after the other and always mix some in, but not as much as should technically gone into a single portion since I wasn't sure if he was going to eat more than one. Yesterday I fed half a capsule in the morning and pm, and today I increased this to about 2 capsules a day (3/4 am/pm and the rest with smaller meals in between). I also just received slippery elm powder which I added to his dinner. Fingers crosses this will help.

I'm really thrilled to have found a food that he enjoys eating though. The fact that he doesn't refuse it the 2nd or 3rd time around, tells me that he feels this is agreeing more with this stomach.

Thanks to @tiffmaxee for your advise on adjusting dosing with lower numbers. Very helpful!

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/03-18-raven-amps-224-1-244-2-199-pmps-218-2-227.275437/

Bandit's Mom likes this.