3/5: 417 (fur shot last night, plus toxicity monitoring and no sleep!)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by TankNRK, Mar 5, 2023.

1. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

Previous Post:
    https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...ow-furshot-depo-question.274871/#post-3051230

So yesterday, not only did I give a PM furshot because Lando moved during it (I shot the needle right in AND out!) But last night we noticed him licking the dog where we'd just applied K9 Advantix 2.

After a phone call with the ER and his regular vet, I had to set alarms every hour to make sure he wasn't having a seizure or tremors. I'm absolutely exhausted and the high number this am isn't making me feel any better!

He slept next to me in the bed all night though, which he hasn't done in awhile. He has his own little pillow and stuffie between my partner and I. Woke up hourly to make sure he was alright and thankfully he was.

Seems he stayed as long as possible overnight because there was a pee droplet trail from the litterbox to where he was waiting for breakfast this morning.

Hoping the depot doesn't take long to refill back up, ready to see those numbers DROP! Lando sure gave us a scare last night :banghead:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

What a night! Are you working today? Any chance of catching up on sleep?

TankNRK likes this.
  3. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

I am unfortunately working today but hoping to nap when I get home. Lando handled the night well and we didn't see any worrysome symptoms. Gonna check on him today at his +5 and pop in for a check up but so far he seems alright. It was definitely scary though!
    I'm hoping the pee in the floor (which I've never seen!) Was just due to him not realizing how bad he had to go and how long he was peeing and kept peeing when he walked out of the box lol. He was normal bright and alert this AM. Praying this is just a scary (and not expensive and deadly) lesson to be more careful!

Deb and Sylvester likes this.
  4. Deb and Sylvester

Deb and Sylvester Well-Known Member

Just keep an eye on him. Any sign of ataxia, incoordination, etc. Then go to the ER. If he hasn't done that yet you should be safe.

Its odd he'd lick it, because it shouldn't taste good, and he would have been drooling, most likely. so maybe he wasn't really licking it for long. Sending you good JuJu!

TankNRK likes this.
  5. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

That's what his vet and I were thinking too, the ER said it'd be best to bring him in for monitoring all night but his regular vet said to just monitor for symptoms.

He was acting a little strange off and on but it was hard to determine if it was due to his sugars being high from the furshot or toxicity. A couple instances of bobbling or falling over, but that's not abnormal for him to be twitchy sometimes or topple from the neuropathy. There was no drooling, foaming, constant bobbles or seizures or unresponsiveness. He seemed fine this AM so hoping when I see him in an hour all is still well!

Deb and Sylvester likes this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Lando seems to be doing okay. His numbers will come down soon enough. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

TankNRK likes this.
  7. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

Came home, got my nap, Lando is all good and he's 218 PMPS! Hurray! What an awesome number! :)

8. Deb and Sylvester

Deb and Sylvester Well-Known Member

Yay Lando!!

9. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

+2 146 now I'm a little nervous! Maybe he wasn't apologizing for last night with lower numbers.... Maybe he said,
    "Oh I love you so much and I'm so happy you stayed up late with me, let's do it again!"
    1.25u was too little now I'm worried 1.50u is too much! Thank goodness I have some calipers coming in soon :facepalm:

10. Bandit's Mom

Wow! Quite a dive between +2 and +4. Did he get food at +2 and +3?

TankNRK likes this.
  11. Lando demando

Lando demando Well-Known Member

Yikes! That sounds scary. Hopefully the worst of it is over. Sending solid zzzs your way and well wishes to lando!

TankNRK likes this.
  12. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

Surf’s up Lando!

TankNRK likes this.
  13. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

He got a snack at +2 and +4 and now again at +5 since he's sitting pretty.... I am so beyond exhausted and tired lol. Setting an alarm for another hour and trying to get a little sleep til I notice a come up.

14. Bandit's Mom

You are both doing great!

A note for future reference - the next time he drops at +2 like he did tonight, test and feed at +3. That might help slow the drops.

TankNRK and Chris & China (GA) like this.
  15. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

Cool got it! Still learning how this all works with how his cycles move in being flat or not xD

Bandit's Mom likes this.