3/31 Oliver +11~409 pmps 536 +6.5~385 cycle1 dose 2.5u

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s Condo for Oliver

Yesterday`s recap:
    448 - amps (2.25u)
    391 - pmps (2.25u)
    421 - +2
    405 - +3
    398 - +4
    356 - +6
    418 - today`s amps (2.25u)

Just two more cycles at this dose and we are going up if there is not even a hint of movement down. These high flat pinks and reds are not good.

Mornings, Oliver has a very healthy appetite and makes a nice LB deposit that can be smelled from blocks around - I open the windows to prepare each morning. I found out that she does NOT like friskies Salmon, at least on THIS day he would not touch it. I don`t know what was wrong with it because Shadoe ate it just fine. I opened a can of friskies beef and he promptly began to eat, so it was NOT his appetite.
    I don`t know if it`s wrong or not, but he eats well in the morns and then eats less in the evening. Each morn, he eats a full 5oz can of friskies and then I put a 3oz can of SophCat or ff for the rest of the day. He has a bit of the 2nd can, but usually it is left and gone by the time I get home.

Oliver`s got his favorite spots that the girls leave for him, mainly cuz they never went there anyways, but he also decided to sit on Booboo`s little sun stool yesterday :shock: Well, I know that Booboo is very protective of HER stool, so I watched to see what she would do when she noticed. She did nothing! :shock: She just went over, sniffed his nose, then walked away. I think she like Oliver and is helping him settle in, in her own way. Mind you, there was no sun, so I will reserve judgement till a sunny noon time when the rays fall on that stool and see who goes there. Unfortunately, I don`t think there will be a problem because with his numbers so high, he has been sprawled out on cool floor tiles or in front of open windows to catch a breeze.

He`s on the move now and has just headed into the bedroom to lie on the cool floor under the bed. Whenever I can`t find him, that`s where he can be found. Often, for shots, I have to just drag him out from under the bed. He`s OK with it, but makes me work to get him out. What a lazy guy.

I started his own profile and it`s in our signature, but I have more notes to put in there. Tonite, I`ll fix it some more.
    Hopefully, his numbers will come down in the next24hrs.

2. Me and Bayley

Me and Bayley Member

Re: 3/31 Oliver amps 418 cycle 4 dose 2.25u

So happy for little Oliver that you took him in :) He'll get there - just think of the chance you are giving this cute little guy :) Thanks , from Oliver :)

3. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

Good morning,Gayle1
    I loove the pics of "lil' Oliver! he is so beautiful cat .
    Very lucky guy that he found You!

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

He is such a handsome boy - no wonder the ladies are charmed.

Are you thinking of raising his dose after 4 cycles? It looks like it might not be a bad idea unless his numbers are better today.

5. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Sienne,
    I was thinking about seeing how he is this evening, and if still high and flat like this, I will go with 2.5u tomorrow morning. I can't test when at work and the shed needs to fill so I doubt I will miss anything in the daytime.
    We'll see how he is tonite with numbers; in all other ways, he's doing just fine - eating REALLY well, filling the LB REALLY well, wandering all over and taking the spots he wants, and even today, when he was given the first dish of food and he did not like it, he boldly hopped up onto the kitchen counter as if to say, umm, that stuff is crap; give me something decent, please.
    So yeah, he's right at home now.

6. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Gayle
    Oliver is just absolutely gorgeous. The original picture of him
    at the vet did not do him justice.

I am so happy that he is settled in with the girls.
    Can you believ. his dose will soon be higher than Shadoe's? :D

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Oliver is a beauty! Almost as big as a tiger!! Great photos. Good luck with the dosing.

Ella & Stu

8. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Randi,
    With both at 2.5u shortly, I will get lots of practice measuring that amount; just have to remember who gets the Lantus and who gets the Lev!

9. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

What a cutie he is! Very smooshable tummy. I love the way his little back paws are crossed.

10. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I love those pictures! I just love cats that have really pink lips, they are so funny to me .. and that white belly! MMMMMMMM I could just gobble him up!

11. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Loved the chin up on the pillow pose, what a funny boy! And the crossed paws in the other photo, so cute. He is one sturdy looking kitty.
    I love big boy kitties. :lol: (and the sweet girly kitties too... equal opportunity kitty lover here.)

Hope his numbers come down and you see some nice insulin response soon. Oliver looks pretty relaxed about the whole FD thing!

12. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 3/31 Oliver amps 418 +11~409 pmps 536 cycle1 dose 2.5u

Rather than have Oliver suffer any longer, we increased his dose to 2.5u. With flat pinks every evening on the 2.25u, there was no point in putting it off for another 1 or 2 cycles.
    Hopefully, we will have some improvement with this 2.5u dose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.