3/27 Minnie hospital update day 2 AMPS 363, +5 230s, +8 230s, +10 225 & K normal. Ketone mod AM.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Liz & Minnie, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

yesterday's news

yesterday AMPS 316, +2 272, +4 222, +6 206, +8 180, +12 96 (no shot),
    yesterday PMPS +12 96 (no shot, some food) +14 130, +16 140, +18 135, +20 200

today AMPS 363 (ate well)

She's still in til electrolytes/ketones under control but sounds like she's improving. They didn't give insulin last night due to BG levels but she ate. This morning they gave her Levemir at 6am when she ate (normal schedule 8am) - BG rising. I forgot to check what they are feeding her.

Hospital update Dr Duval 10am/+4: Good spirits, ate well at 6am. Gave Levemir 6am because she ate/increasing BG. Potassium now 3.3 but she's on aggressive IV supplemental potassium. Serum ketones still moderate at 8am. Plan to reduce IV potassium noon, recheck at 4pm. If ok, reduce further and recheck at midnight. Continue ondansetron and miropeten. Likely staying another day but unpredictable as they taper minerals & electrolytes. Discharge criteria potassium in normal range without IV supplement and ketones. She does not have acidosis but "Mixed acid base disorder" ie has acids but something else in the blood is evening out the pH. Next update 5-6pm (after 4pm checks)

2. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

It sounds like they are taking very good care of your girl:bighug:. Sending more healing vines.

Liz & Minnie likes this.
  3. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

Things looking likely for coming home tomorrow. They reduced IV potassium and discontinued Phosphorus & Magnesium. She ate this afternoon. Plan is to further decrease IV potassium, recheck electrolytes and ketones in the morning.

BG has been in the 200s all day. Seems that I should get a good night sleep since I will be back at work with the blood testing again tomorrow!

Marina & Chico likes this.
  4. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

She ate!! Very good. She’s getting better! Happy Dance Happy Dance!!!!

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I'm so glad that Minnie is eating. Such a good report. ♥:bighug::bighug::bighug: