3/22 Merlin AMPS 109/ +3 48/ + 150/ PMPS 203

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Steve & Merlin, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Steve & Merlin

Steve & Merlin Member

He's starting the day out by going light green. No change in his diet. Maybe his body is adapting to the higher carbs and dealing with them? Or maybe he didn't eat as much as I thought he did and he is just going back to his normal LC numbers. Well, I fed him some more and he ate a good helping after taking his +3 so if it was less food, he should be going up now even with him approaching the +6 nadir area. Interesting note is I had a suspicion his number was going to be low before I took it. He starts acting a bit subdued and off when his number is <80 and even more so <50. Kind of like how I am when I miss a meal and my BG starts dropping. I feel subdued and fuzzy headed.

Previous Post. http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/3-21-merlin-amps-97-2-116-6-122-pmps-110.212220/

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good job catching that 48. :D It’s nice to have a cat that gives you a clue it’s time to test. Neko used to park in front of the fridge.

By the way, the dose amount is missing the last few AM’s in the spreadsheet.

3. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

So glad he came up for you, Steve, and spent the day in nice, safe numbers.

4. Steve & Merlin

Steve & Merlin Member

He came up to 203, I think because he has been eating more of the HC food today. I found that if I mix LC food with HC food I can manage his BG level and still get him to eat more. Because of the 48 this morning and his demeanor that it was still falling, I gave him a good helping of HC food and he ate all of it. So his greedy guts probably put him up to yellow for his PMPS. But it's still not a bad number and is likely to fall back to blue and/or green as the night wears on. I hope his numbers keep being so well behaved as Monday I will have to leave him at +2 after his AMPS. I will have to feed him and leave appropriate food for him to free feed for the 5 - 6 hours I will be gone. I'm considering intentionally pushing his AMPS to yellow (by feeding HC food) as a safety measure that he doesn't do something sneaky like dropping below 50 unsupervised.

Carol & Murphy (GA) likes this.