? 3/21 Jasper AMPS 92 +2 72 +4 86 PMPS 90 +1 72 +2 57 +2.5 52

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rachel and Jasper, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom @tiffmaxee hey there, Jasper's numbers have been pretty consistently in the blue and green and I am wondering about a dose reduction. Also keeping an eye on him tonight because of his drop from PMPS to +2 so any advice there is also very much appreciated. I already gave a tsp high carb at +1 +2 and +2.5.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I would give another teaspoon high carb and test in 20 mins. If he keeps dropping ad a drop or two of honey or karo

3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Considering how much you have on your plate at the moment, you could go down to 1U. Think of it as vacation dosing. When you can't test as much, safety is the priority.

4. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

5. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom I will reduce to 1 unit in the morning, that seems like a good idea.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  6. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  7. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom @Bron and Sheba (GA) +3 is 56, I gave another tsp of HC and will test in another 20 min. Is there anything else I should do? I using very high carb food thats 18%.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  8. Bandit's Mom

That is +3.5, I think? For now he's okay with the 18%. Is the baby keeping you up at night? Do you get any sleep at all?

Rachel and Jasper likes this.
  9. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom haha yes the baby is keeping me up much of the night, thankfully I got a 2 hour nap this evening but it is almost 2 am here so I am pretty exausted, the time change here also messed things up because it pushed my shot time back later and I haven't been able to move it forward because I keep trying and then being late the following test time or shot time. You are right that was actually 3.5. I am very much sleep deprived so it's hard to think straight.

10. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom @Bron and Sheba (GA) +4 was 50, he is eating another tsp of hc but is startingto slow down on eating. I can test again in half an hour but I do ideally need to get sleep at some point tonight, obviously the priority is making sure he is safe first though.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  11. Bandit's Mom

Wow. He's really making you slog tonight! Try applying a little honey or karo or syrup on his lips.

12. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom yes it is turning out to be a very long night. Thankfully baby Graham is sleeping in his bassinet for the time being because if he were having a more frequent feeding night this would much more difficult.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  13. Bandit's Mom

Trust Jasper to pick the night when Baby G is behaving and you could have gotten sleep to keep you up! Cats! :banghead:
    He decided he needs your undivided attention tonight. How are your kitties adjusting to the baby?

14. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom that's exactly what he is doing! I am so sad to be missing the opportunity to rest but also getting some bonding time with my kitties. They are adjusting pretty well at this point to the baby but the fiest two weeks I could tell Jasper was particularly upset, Hazel his sister was very curious.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  15. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom I gave just a couple drops of karo syrup on Jasper's lips 10 min ago so I will test again in about 10 minutes.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  16. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom 20 minutes after syrup his test was 55. Should I do a bit more and test again or more high carb?

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  17. Bandit's Mom

This is +4.5 ish? More syrup and HC please.

18. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

Yes this is 4.5. I did more syrup on his gums and more hc but he is barely eating it now.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  19. Bandit's Mom

The syrup should give him a boost and it's later in the cycle now. If you can't stay up, leave some LC out and go to bed.
    Definitely go down to 1U tomorrow.

20. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom I will stay up another 15 minutes to test one more time then I will do this because I am pretty tired now.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  21. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom his +5 was 55 should i do a tiny bit more syrup and leave out low carb for the night?

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  22. Bandit's Mom

Yes, do that.

23. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  24. Bandit's Mom

Take care of yourself :bighug::bighug::bighug:

25. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

What a night you had. I had turned off my iPad so missed it all. Did you decide not to take a reduction which I believe is clearly needed after so much hc and honey? You are not even seeing a bounce. If you stuck with 1.25 you might want to consider a skip tonight if you are too exhausted and he’s still green tonight. Then you could change your shot time tomorrow to whatever time you want. I hope you can get a few naps in today.

26. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@tiffmaxee I did give the reduction, it seemed to be very well received but the last couple of days have been a bit higher so I am not sure what happened. I have a condo going tonight for my questions.