3/21 Cleo AMPS 381 PMPS 252, +2 254, +5 139

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Angela & Cleo, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...11-4-274-6-5-178-pmps-267-2-313-4-288.260917/
    Good Morning!
    I think I got some valuable information.
    1. The 2 TBSP of Dr. Elsey's Clean Protein Rabbit kibble left in a food puzzle on 3/20 +6, did not affect her BG adversely by PMPS or even throughout the night and even this morning. Better quality ingredients in food ???
    2. Gaba has no effect on her BG at all. I was concerned that it would lower her BG steeply and then create a bounce. This was not the case. See reading @+9 and today's AMPS. Next time, I will not reduce insulin dose.
    3. Cleo's internal clock is set for snacks/meals every 2-3 hours during the day and 3-5 hours at night. These are the times she starts asking for the snacks/food.
    4. Nadir is still unclear but should be answered with more testing.
    Going to start the food transition on Wednesday AM- with Ziwi Peak Venison wet food.
    Vet visit today at 5:30PM EST.

Have a wonderful day!

2. Angela & Cleo

Vet Visit canceled. Cleo would not take the Gaba in time for visit. PMPS is 252. Gonna shoot the full 1.75 and monitor. Thanks @FrostD!

FrostD likes this.
  3. Oreo’smamma

Oreo’smamma Member

Hi! May I ask why you switched from Lantus to Prozinc? I’m thinking of switching from PZI to Lantus…

Dawn

4. Angela & Cleo

Morning Dawn
    The decision to switch insulins wasn't mine. We took Cleo to the er clinic last month because she was not eating had diarrhea and was lethargic. The ER VET said her BG was "in the high six hundreds" and it was probably insulin resistance. ( @FrostD has since explained that Cleo wasn't on lantus long enough and on too low of a dose to make that decision). The primary vet was not thrilled about the switch either.
    In any event Cleo seems to be responding well to ProZinc. I truly believe with all my heart and soul that its because of knowledge. Home testing tracking BG curves are essential on any insulin. That is something I didn't do on Lantus but that's not the insulins fault. Its mine.
    I also know that Prozinc takes awhile to start seeing results but we are seeing some improvement.
    I could jibberjabber on and on but I hope I answered your question. Feel free to reach out anytime! Good luck with Oreo.

5. Oreo’smamma

Oreo’smamma Member

Hi Angela,
    Yes, you answered my question, thank you. I am so sorry you ended up in the ER. That is so stressful. Oreo has always been on Prozinc. He’s 13 now, part Siamese, so I am grateful it’s been three years since he was diagnosed. For the first 2 1/2 years he did great but now I’m not sure if it’s because he’s getting older, or it was the stress of our move back in August, but for some reason he is having high numbers now and nothing else has changed. He has a freestyle libre on him very often and his curves look like an EKG, lol. Bouncing all over the place! He has stopped drinking as much water now that I’m feeding him smaller more frequent meals. It may be time to put him to sleep but I’m second-guessing myself. I don’t know what the odds are if switching to Landus will do anything or not. Anyway, sorry I’m rambling…

Dawn