3/19 Jack 98@AMPS- hanging on to 7units

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jack & Mopem'sMom, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Jack & Mopem'sMom Well-Known Member

After two days of solid 200's and a close escape from seeing a 300 (297) last night, I went to bed thinking we were going to 7.5 units this morning. BUT, we woke up to 98 this morning. Can't make this :spam: up. This cat is craaaaazzzy. His body must be sooo sensitive to the slightest change in food intake- and I'm talking 3 pieces of kibble vs. 6 pieces- because the only difference I can see is a slight shift towards more Ziwi peak and less kibble, but we're not talking major amounts here. We're talking maybe a mouthful....most times pieces...:banghead: OR, exercise, but that is really hard for me to judge. I think he probably sleeps more when I'm not home, and originally I thought that made his numbers go down, but now I'm thinking it may make his numbers go up. In theory, the numbers should go up with less exercise, cause he's not burning off the carbs he does take in, but Jack seems to defy all logic when it comes to what 'should' be going on. I don't know. Maybe I'm overthinking it all but after my other cat Mopem went into remission in 9 months by following the protocols here, I am more than a little bummed about Jack. I know we have made great progress from his initial diagnosis, and every cat is different, but I was just hoping for better for Jack :(.

We have to go to the vet for his yearly in the next two weeks or they won't renew my insulin, but unless someone here thinks otherwise, I am going to skip the bloodwork at this time. He just had a full panel in December, and I have to pay taxes, so I'm looking to economize this vet trip if possible. Any thoughts??

Oh, and in other news, for those of you following Sable's story, his biopsy came back completely benign, no fungal or bacterial agents present, and basically said the mass was all inflamed tissue with no definitive cause seen. He is eating better, and I think the long course of antibiotics and pain meds were messing with his stomach and contributing to his not wanting to eat. We are almost back to his normal eating habits (minus the Temptations addiction we seem to have cultivated...LOL) Thanks to everyone who was asking, thinking, and praying about him.

Last thread: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...mps-221-2hrs-still-on-7u.275387/#post-3055872

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Afternoon Christine, first of all I'm so very happy that Sable is OK! and Sable is eating better,
    Happy to see the green pre shot this morning . Keep going Jack !:bighug::cat:

Jack & Mopem'sMom likes this.