3/19 Chispa, 137 AMPS, 122 +11, 53 +4.5, 64 +5.5

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Karen and Chispa, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Karen and Chispa

Karen and Chispa Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/3-18-chispa-196-amps-127-2-76-4.275418/

Yesterday I was worried about a dive after such a high start and felt proud of myself for keeping her in the mid-greens with her new favorite MC. She rewarded my efforts with a green PMPS!! — but started high again this morning. I’m trying to be consistent with everything to scientifially reproduce the results, but I guess Chispa is not following the experiment. The way she shreds her crinkly paper sometimes, I think she is more of a sculptor than a scientist. Why am I surprised that she is approaching FD as her own little work of art?:rolleyes:

2. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

Hahahaha. Sweet (and sugary, unfortunately) kitties ARE creative! :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:
    Mikan has a new surprise every day for me :eek::eek::eek:

Looks like a nice sail Chispa had yesterday and hope she continues the course! :bighug:

Karen and Chispa likes this.
  3. Karen and Chispa

Unable to test until +4.5, might have overdone it with the 10% carb mix in the meantime Still, it seems better than a dive. Now if we can just float down to a nice steady green … is that too much to ask? :p

Angela & Cleo and Mikanmama like this.
  4. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

This is too funny, she sure loves her crinkly paper .
    Come on Chispa show us some more greens ,or else no more crinkly paper for you :p

Karen and Chispa and Mikanmama like this.
  6. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

7. Karen and Chispa

That’s it — her crinkly paper privileges will be revoked until she shapes up! Worth a try, lol!!:p:cat::D

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  8. Melinda and Kitkat

Melinda and Kitkat Member

None of us should be surprised right? These CATS will always run the show!!!! :banghead: They always run the show!!!! :p
    Kitty says "my way or the highway mum!!!!!" Science shmience!:cat: ( I got a scientific brain too,,,, all the good it did me! :nailbiting:, Cat brain overrules science,, to a certain extent) . Glad to see Chispa has been a pretty good girl lately:bighug:

9. Karen and Chispa

Lol, Melinda — I guess we know who rules the roost at your place!:p Chispa owns everything here; DBF and I are just the hired help. We’re kind of ok with it … do we have a choice???? :joyful::joyful::joyful:

Melinda and Kitkat likes this.
  10. Karen and Chispa

So I fed Chispa her usual LC dinner, left a heapin’ helpin’ of 10% in the feeder for +1(ish), and went out to dance some tango. DBF had worked every day this week and didn’t want to go, so I told him to give her some food if she started meowing before I got back. They both greeted me at the door, and as soon as the greetings were done, Chispa started following me around, meowing at the top of her lungs. So I did a test, and what do you know — 55 at +2.5! DBF said she had been sleeping and hadn’t meowed at all until I got there. I fed her back-to-back meals of 13% and she was STILL meowing, so I gave her back-to-back snacks of 13%, Time for another test now, but I am thinking a reduction might be in order, regardless of the numbers —- because she would be going hypo right now if I wasn’t propping her up with MC.

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Any chance of cleaning up the subject line? With that +22 in there, it looks like you skipped. ;)

Looks like she's safe and up so far with only MC and early on in the cycle when usually higher carb is needed as the insulin is strongest. Let's wait until she goes under 50. Cats will let you know they really need a reduction by going under 50. We don't reduce on would of, could of.

12. Karen and Chispa

+22 should have been +11, oops! Subject line cleaned up. :)

Point taken about earning the reduction. My question is, do we have to wait until she goes under 50 in spite of MC? In other words, if I fed her LC now and she went below 50, would that still count?

13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The goal, strangely enough, is not to earn reductions, but rather to get them regulated with as much healing green as possible. The reductions will follow that. To answer the question, cats determined to earn a reduction will likely show you one, even with slightly higher carb. If she goes below 50, that earns a reduction.

14. Karen and Chispa

Translation: Put on your patience pants. :joyful::smuggrin:

What about the bouncing, though? Couldn’t we tweak the dose so that her nadirs are mid-greens instead of 50s?

Melinda and Kitkat likes this.
  15. Karen and Chispa

It's a moot point now: We are back in the limes as of +2.75 this morning (3/20). EEEK!!! :eek::eek::eek: 3D84EB1D-AA62-4CEA-BB9B-81230471D87E.jpeg